Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

dachda

Old May 26th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Trying to import Pixies on Parade into a blank realm and keep getting this error:

The following errors were encountered during import:
Wrapper object not found within list

I'm allowed to send an error report then RW closes down. When I reopen the realm is there, but without any of the Pixies on Parade info present.

Any thoughts? thanks.
dachda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old May 29th, 2017, 12:40 PM
No one has any thoughts on this error?
dachda is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2017, 01:31 PM
No idea on this one. Recommend logging a fault via the stickied thread.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 29th, 2017, 02:36 PM
The only thought I have is that the "Blank Realm" may be incompatible in some day.

What is the "Blank Realm", in terms of Game System? For most, the game system content should be translated to the destination game system, but there may be a bug in translating to a specific game system.

Frankly, what comes to mind is trying to import into a Realm with "no game system".. to there's nothing to translate a specific item "to".

In which case.. it is still a matter of filing a bug report in order to get anywhere.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old May 30th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys for responding. I've tried the import into a system neutral blank realm and a 5e structure blank realm with the same error message. I tried the other two free content market items and they both worked fine, so this is frustrating. I did up load the error via the RW error reporting system in RW. So I guess the developers have the info.

I will log the fault in the sticky thread above too. I hadn't noticed that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The only thought I have is that the "Blank Realm" may be incompatible in some day.

What is the "Blank Realm", in terms of Game System? For most, the game system content should be translated to the destination game system, but there may be a bug in translating to a specific game system.

Frankly, what comes to mind is trying to import into a Realm with "no game system".. to there's nothing to translate a specific item "to".

In which case.. it is still a matter of filing a bug report in order to get anywhere.
dachda is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old May 30th, 2017, 11:56 PM
Maybe you should try re-downloading the file just to make sure you didn't somehow get a corrupted file... It does happen occasionally.
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 30th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachda View Post
I will log the fault in the sticky thread above too. I hadn't noticed that. Thanks.
From my experience the sticky thread raises a task to their queue ensuring they get back to you where the crash report just sends the information to them. Always pays to do both.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dachda

Old June 5th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Reported this to the LW folks. They let me know that others have reported the same error and they are working on it. Good to know!
dachda is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM
I have spent an hour trying to import a realm I've been working on into another realm. Either I'm tired and not doing it right when I export or import is hammered. I already sent a crash report the first time it crashed. Can someone in LW let us know if import is hammered at the moment? Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Ive done imports recently but importing is more touchy than that from my learning. Might be something specific to your realm stopping it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote