Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Dr_Automaton

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM
The ideal situation maybe that a GM has everything entered into his copy of RW prior to a game and clicks the reveal icons flawlessly during play, but I know there will be any number of instances where some bit of information is revealed during my game that doesn't yet exist as a snippet (quite possibly because I or one of my players has just invented it on the spot) or I'm too into the game to remember to pull up the appropriate topic and click the orb -- and all of that is assuming that I remember to bring my laptop to the game in the first place! To effectively leverage the Game Session feature, it would be nice to be able to edit the reveal datestamp (presumably with something like a right-click in the Reveal History pane) so that the reveal can retroactively appear when filtering for the appropriate game session.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Plus 1!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 5th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Now that RW is available for sale and the player client is just a couple of months away, I figured I'd risk bumping this to get input from new users and maybe draw comment from the dev team. Since one of my players was a KS backer and will want to use his copy of RW during the game, it sure would be nice if this feature could be made available when the player accounts go live.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 6th, 2014, 05:17 PM
+1

I am absolutely for everything that means I can tweak information, settings and what-not.

This is one of those things that it would be nice to be able to tweak.
Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
darloth

Old April 9th, 2014, 03:34 AM
I'd love this as well.

I often find myself with stuff I should have clicked reveal on in the session but didn't (or as the good doctor said, stuff I haven't even written yet) which I want to be associated with / revealed 'in' a game session, as that's when it actually happened.
darloth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old April 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
+1 here. it would also be good if it could apply that change to the game session log, but that probably has some other issues as well beyond a simple retroactive list modification.
Bluephoenix is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 9th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darloth View Post
I'd love this as well.

I often find myself with stuff I should have clicked reveal on in the session but didn't (or as the good doctor said, stuff I haven't even written yet) which I want to be associated with / revealed 'in' a game session, as that's when it actually happened.
There might be some people who just update the Realm after the game...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Here's a trick you can use in the interim until this capability can be added. Just change the end date of the game session to encompass the date when you reveal the additional bits of content. Once you modify the end date, those newly revealed snippets now appear within the last game session.

Technically, the last game session could run all the way until the night before the next game session if you want. As long as the START time is accurate, the end date really doesn't matter all that much. And you can easily note the TRUE end date within the session notes if you want to track that detail.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM
+1 on this.

Rob's suggestion is pretty good too.
weogarth is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Here's a trick you can use in the interim until this capability can be added. Just change the end date of the game session to encompass the date when you reveal the additional bits of content. Once you modify the end date, those newly revealed snippets now appear within the last game session.

Technically, the last game session could run all the way until the night before the next game session if you want. As long as the START time is accurate, the end date really doesn't matter all that much. And you can easily note the TRUE end date within the session notes if you want to track that detail.
Nice!

If there is something that is made up mid session and there isn't time to update RW at the time, make a note of it and when you have added it after the session, add a custom tag snippet (change reveal timestamp?) to indicate as such. Then start a new session log, call it the same as the one you had it the game, but with *addendum* at the end, then reveal the items that would have been revealed at the time of play, *if* they had been created. Of course, once the ability to alter the reveal information is implemented, then the change reveal timestamp tag can be leveraged to change the reveal information.

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #10 Reply With Quote