Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 21st, 2014, 08:22 PM
Mathias,

I found that to get access to tags in the layout script for determining whether to show or hide something I had to use an

Code:
agent.tagis[]
to accomplish this. Is there something I need to do to gain access to the linkage's tags? I am trying to access a tag from a mouseinfo script but can't seem to figure out why the tagis[] isn't working on it. When I tried using the agent. part Hero Lab complained about it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2014, 06:38 AM
Please give me more detail about the code you're using and the task you're trying to accomplish.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
Oh, and another thing to remember - if you were on a custom class special in Pathfinder, and you were transitioning to the class this special were being added to, what transition would you use?

You don't say where your position script is, but if this is the position script on one of the pick templates on one of the tables on this panel, then the context of that script is the pick that's been added.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
The mouse info script is in a procedure. Trying to build a table of values to display something over 30 levels. I am trying to get it to check for a specific tag, if the tag is present, send the variable into the correct array and return the value for display.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
More information please - what is being added, what is it being added to?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 22nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Attack values are being added, i.e. THAC0, values, I am trying to get this table displaying as "mouseinfo" on the class tab we just created using the agent content you told me about yesterday...

Here is the portal on the class tab:
Code:
  <!-- clAtkInfo portal
         presents the user with a table that shows various THAC0 values
         for the class of their character.
  -->
  <!-- clAtkInfo -->
  <portal
    id="clAtkInfo"
    style="actAttacks">
    <action
      action="info"
      buttontext="THAC0">
      </action>
      <mouseinfo mousepos="middle+below"><![CDATA[
        call cAtkInfo
        ]]></mouseinfo>
    </portal>
Here is the procedure:
Code:
  <!-- Proceedure cAtkInfo
         Presents a table that the user can see which displays various THAC0 values.
  -->
  <procedure id="cAtkInfo" scripttype="mouseinfo"><![CDATA[
    @text = "{b} - THAC0 - {/b}{br}{align left}"
    var i as number
    for i = 1 to 30
    @text = @text & "{br} Level " & i & ": "

~display our THAC0 values based on class
      if (tagis[ClassCat.Psionic] <> 0) then
        @text = @text & hero.child[THAC0Psi].field[THAC0].arrayvalue[i]
      elseif (tagis[ClassCat.Priest] <> 0) then
        @text = @text & hero.child[THAC0Pri].field[THAC0].arrayvalue[i]
      elseif (tagis[ClassCat.Rogue] <> 0) then
        @text = @text & hero.child[THAC0Rog].field[THAC0].arrayvalue[i]
      elseif (tagis[ClassCat.Warrior] <> 0) then
        @text = @text & hero.child[THAC0War].field[THAC0].arrayvalue[i]
      elseif (tagis[ClassCat.Wizard] <> 0) then
        @text = @text & hero.child[THAC0Wiz].field[THAC0].arrayvalue[i]
        endif

~ If this was the last level we got to, change the color of the rest
      ~ of the text
      if (i = field[cTotalLev].value) then
      @text = @text & "{text clrdisable}"
      endif

next
    ]]></procedure>

RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Put that portal inside a template. Then, the template can be assigned to use the agent pick when it's placed into the layout:

Code:
<templateref template="clsPowInfo" useagent="yes" taborder="10"/>
Then, your script won't need to reference the agent in its code - its initial context will already be that agent pick.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
That got it working, thank you Mathias.
Attached Images
File Type: png Class Tab Progress.png (197.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Class Tab progress 2.png (258.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png Class Tab progress 3.png (254.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Class Tab progress 4.png (485.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Class Tab Progress 5.png (442.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by RavenX; March 24th, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Mathias,

How would I access information from an agent through a table?

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Again, please give me more specific information about what you're trying to accomplish.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote