Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

djc664

Old January 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
So using the joy that is the Bestiary 1 & 2, I went to put in every NPC/Monster that's indicated in the book. I also like to share.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wp7cgoadiglpt9h

This link is to the zip file containing the User file & Por file.

The User file should be copied into the Hero Lab Pathfinder data folder, and includes the following additions:
  • Mother of Oblivion
  • "Converted" Ogrekin Deformities from RotRL vol 3
  • Rat, Donkey
  • Spider, Huge Funnel Web

The races are all linked to the Rise of the Runelords Optional selection, so to use them in your own campaign you will need to Configure Hero & check off that adventure path option. You need the Bestiary 2 add-on to make use of the extra Ogrekin Deformaties (they interface with the Ogrekin NPC race).

The Portfolio file has my conversions of all of the NPCs and Monsters in the volume. None of these are official, of course, but I tried to keep as close to the book as possible. The following validation errors come up but I ignore them for the following reasons:
  • Ogrekin Zombies - when the Zombie template is added to an Ogrekin, the Humanoid type is changed to Undead. This throws an error for the Ogrekin race which is looking for a humanoid character type. That said, all the bonuses are either moot or still applied.
  • Too many Languages - Many of the Giants & Ogrekin have only Giant (and not common) in their starting languages. Through Configure Hero, I selected "No Common Language" and added the starting language of Giant, which throws the error. You could spend a skill point in Linguistics instead, but I didn't want to change the skill points in the conversion for something that should be built in.
  • Bears! - Rangers can't have bears as companions anymore. I didn't have the heart to break this to Jakardros; he's just been through so much lately. Perhaps after AP we explain that changes are necessary. Either way, it only tells you they aren't for Rangers and still works as needed.

Please let me know if you find any other issues! I'm going to go through the first two books like this, I think, because there are some gaps in the Bestiary 2 content which I've already coded. Might as well complete the two year project. :/

Last edited by djc664; January 8th, 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarity
djc664 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old January 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks very much! I was just about to start on this project myself, as my players are going to finish off The Skinsaw Murders tonight. You've just saved me a ton of time over the next few weeks :-D
egg_green is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tordek

Old January 16th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Very nice work. I'm curious, what thing did you use for the ogrekin deformities? I was trying to create them myself but wasn't sure where to put them.
Tordek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old January 16th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
Very nice work. I'm curious, what thing did you use for the ogrekin deformities? I was trying to create them myself but wasn't sure where to put them.
Thank you!

The tab in the Editor is "R Cust Special" (Racial Custom Special). Just make sure you make them available to the Ogrekin. Leave "Not Primary Ability?" as None for Beneficial Deformities and change it to "Secondary" for Detrimental ones.
djc664 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Are there more deformities in RotRL than there are in the Bestiary 2? If so, I'll put those on my to-do list to add to HL.

I've put the Zombie Ogrekin error on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
You may be able to suppress the languages error with the "Languages Known, From Linguistics" adjustment - If you add a linguistics slot and choose Giant there, there won't be an error for Giant not being on the race's allowed list.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Are there more deformities in RotRL than there are in the Bestiary 2? If so, I'll put those on my to-do list to add to HL.
In the Bestiary section of Hook mountain Massacre, the entry for Ogrekin has 10 different deformities for each category rather than the 6 each from Bestiary 2 - Only about two of the new lists are identical to the HMM entries of the same title / purpose.
djc664 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You may be able to suppress the languages error with the "Languages Known, From Linguistics" adjustment - If you add a linguistics slot and choose Giant there, there won't be an error for Giant not being on the race's allowed list.
I had thought of that, but I chose an error I can ignore vs. spending a skill point. If I overspent the skill points to get the language that way, I'm still left with an error to ignore. *shrug*

How could I make a house rule option that allowed the character to replace Common as the single starting language for the NPC? I'm almost certain that's not something I can do with the editor, but I figure I should ask before I give up on trying to figure it out myself.
djc664 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
You could also use the languages adjustment with the "Languages Known, From Intelligence" adjustment to effectively move language slots from one table to the other - so, if you have an open language slot from INT, and want to check Giant, which isn't on the list, you subtract one INT language, add one Linguistics language, and then choose Giant.

(BTW, the adjustment I'm talking about only adds the language slot - I'm not talking about adding a point of linguistics).

Thinking about it, I'll put a "Language Available to Race" adjustment on my to-do list that will let you add Giant to the list of languages your race can learn.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
hangarflying

Old January 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM
FWIW, I posted a question on the Paizo forums about the fact that there were differences between the HMM Ogrekin deformities and the B2 Ogrekin deformities. James Jacobs responded that the list in either document is not supposed to be an "end all, be all" list of deformities and that the GM can make up whatever deformities he/she wishes.

So I guess the question is, how do we go about expanding the list of available deformities?
hangarflying is offline   #10 Reply With Quote