Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vargr

Old May 18th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Moved to this topic: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49039

I have a lot of people and places in my realm and I don't remember exactly how their names are spelled or even their names. But as you know, seeing is remembering.

It would be very useful with a feature, that would work thusly:

When writing in an article/snippet/whatever one could hit a hotkey. Whatever is being written after that is being compared to all topics (in both story and world almanac) and will be presented in a dropdown menu under the cursor, making it easy to select.

Say I want to insert the name of a shop called Chandler's Weapon and Armour - or was it Chandler's Armour and Weapons? I don't recall, but as soon as I hit the hotkey and start typing "Chand" all the Chandler family members and the shop will appear in the dropdown menu and all I have to do is press arrow down till I highlight the wanted item, press enter and it is inserted in the text.

Pressing the hotkey again will turn of the function without doing anything.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; May 18th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
Vargr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49039

Just to keep things together.
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 18th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Thank you - moving to that topic.

It seems I am very good at choosing the wrong search terms when I look for previous topics...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 19th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Thank you - moving to that topic.

It seems I am very good at choosing the wrong search terms when I look for previous topics...
Nah, there's a load of stuff here. I only do that because it's useful to me and my crappy memory. "Hmm... did I see that somewhere before?"

It's all good.
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote