Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

dacoobob

Old February 16th, 2021, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
I don't want to have to handle 14 different accounts, plus my own.
now i'm confused... isn't that exactly what you're "on your knees begging for"?
dacoobob is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 16th, 2021, 11:54 AM
No, people are asking for an account tier that allows them to have some number of players participate fully using free accounts.

I, like WatersLethe, do not want to manage a dozen separate user accounts. Signing up and paying for someone works for startup, but you then need access to the account to renew it since there is no gift card option where I can send time to others. If any of your players have forgotten their password at some point and reset it, you now need to coordinate with them just so you can pay for it.
mototom is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old February 16th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
now i'm confused... isn't that exactly what you're "on your knees begging for"?
No, I want a "Super Patron" account option that lets me pay more so that they can join my campaigns using their accounts and use my content for free. I am totally okay with paying the $70 every few months if necessary to enable 14 accounts to join my games unhindered (though I would appreciate some kind of bulk discount).

Me making a bunch of alt accounts would require me to:

1. Manage logins and passwords for 12 accounts, and keep track of who is using which

2. Defy the Lone Wolf Terms of Service.
WatersLethe is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old February 18th, 2021, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe
Me making a bunch of alt accounts would require me to:

1. Manage logins and passwords for 12 accounts, and keep track of who is using which
i don't understand, why would you be required to still manage your players' accounts after handing them over? what is the difference who created the account once it's in a player's control? let them manage it just as they would if they'd created it themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe
2. Defy the Lone Wolf Terms of Service.
now this is a good point, the TOS does seem to explicitly prohibit what i'm suggesting.

call me Chaotic i guess, but i never put much stock in ToS's. they just exist in case there's a lawsuit... it's not as though you'd be trying to defraud anyone, including LW. i really don't see them having a problem with it as long as they're getting paid.

BUT i admit that's just speculation on my part. if you're not comfortable going around the ToS then i suppose my suggestion is useless to you.
dacoobob is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 18th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Quote:
i don't understand, why would you be required to still manage your players' accounts after handing them over? what is the difference who created the account once it's in a player's control? let them manage it just as they would if they'd created it themselves.
Because you want it back if they leave? Because you need to log into it to continue to pay for it? (I wouldn't let it remember my credit card info if someone else was going to be in control of the account.)

Anywho, my workaround for this situation would be to hand each of the players a $5 bill every few months. (Send them money online, let them skip paying for pizza one night, whatever.) It'd be nice if LWD had an option where the GM paid to let their players use their books, but it's not a showstopper.

Last edited by Parody; February 18th, 2021 at 11:06 AM.
Parody is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old February 18th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Well, for one, I want to continue paying, not just the first 4 months. I'm not saving payment details and just passing it over. That would be nuts.

For another, if I make an account to hand over, I would have to do so with a burner email address as well, so I'd have to hand over an email address as well so that they can recover passwords. Do you know what the odds are that they're remember two sets of logins and passwords that I just made up willy nilly?

I really don't think you've thought this through.
WatersLethe is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old February 18th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Anywho, my workaround for this situation would be to hand each of the players a $5 bill every few months. (Send them money online, let them skip paying for pizza one night, whatever.)
I offered and was of course rebuffed. "Nah, I can pay $5 don't worry." Followed a few months later by:

"Man this is so buggy. Why can't we just use something else?"

"Oh, looks it's time to pay again... we still planning on using this software?"

Because they don't see the massive value I, as the GM, get out of it. They just see some buggy software that's nickle and diming them for character gen software.
WatersLethe is offline   #27 Reply With Quote