Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

AEIOU

Old March 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
+1 Mmurphy, excellent post

@Nikmal, links are normally blue underlines like in wikis. So no, I don't have linkages from area to area. I also don't have flow diagrams for dungeons; they get maps.

I do have story flowcharts that link the pieces of the plot together. For RotRL, I made a separate graph for each of the six books. And each book has the chapters as major headings. And each chapter has subplots as minor headings. RotRL is linear with only minor branchings, but it helps me to visualize those things that really are optional and allows be to mark what the players have played through.
AEIOU is offline   #11
Nikmal

Old March 13th, 2014, 12:45 AM
I am really appreciative of all the advice and would always appreciate more if there is some to be had of course.

Please do not think I am not going to use what has already been given but I am not one to close up on something else I might learn if anyone else has any advice of course

Thanks everyone!!
Nikmal is offline   #12
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old March 13th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Following on from what AEIOU described, I found this article about dungeon layouts at enworld.org.

There are several diagrams which look useful!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; March 14th, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #13
AEIOU

Old March 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the Kickstarter material is entered as well as the first few commercial offerings. I'm hoping they are going to set the bar and really inspire us.
AEIOU is offline   #14
Nikmal

Old March 14th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Yea so am I. I was hoping to see some of the Kickstarter stuff earlier in the BETA or Early Access but alas it did not happen. But I am still looking forward to it though. Hopefully soon or on the release.

It would be cool to see a full adventure done by the people that actually designed the software Also I am hoping to see Paizo and LW to make a deal to include Pathfinder's Golarion setting involved with Realm Works
Nikmal is offline   #15