Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

tekknowkub

Old August 1st, 2018, 05:18 AM
I am creating a Configurable tab and I am having an issue populating the cfgMax fields with their corresponding custom ability counts.

Field ID: cfgMax2
Value: SpecSource.cHelpDra.cGiveSp2nd

Field ID: cfgMax3
Value: SpecSource.cHelpDra.cGiveSp3rd

Field ID: cfgMax4
Value: SpecSource.cHelpDra.cGiveSp4th

I'm sure I am doing this incorrectly or need to use an eval script but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
tekknowkub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 1st, 2018, 03:50 PM
So you're trying to take the fields on the class helper for a class which store how many selections they can make, and add each of those values to the equivalent fields for similar tables on this configurable you're making?

If so, this script, running on the configurable should do you. The main problem is going to be timing, you'd have to place it after the fields on the class helper are set, but before the fields on the configurable are used.

Code:
~Set the focus to the class helper we want to copy from
perform hero.childfound[cHelpDra].setfocus

~If there is no focus (for example, because we don't have that class on this character), stop here
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~Copy the number of slots for our class's 2nd table to this configurable's 2nd table
field[cfgMax2].value += focus.field[cGiveSp2nd].value

~Do the same for 3rd and 4th tables, respectively.
field[cfgMax3].value += focus.field[cGiveSp3rd].value
field[cfgMax4].value += focus.field[cGiveSp4th].value
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tekknowkub

Old August 6th, 2018, 03:34 AM
So what I am trying to do is create an Archetype that grants all of the class special abilities for the Draconic Exemplar class to another... this only adds the class special abilities and does not replace any current ones. Think of it kind of like a gestalt build but using an Archetype.

What's happening is that the class is gaining the Draconic Exemplar special abilities, however the menu on the configurable tab are not populating with the class special choice options (Draconic Essence, Gifts, Weaponry, Defenses) which are determined by the class special tables.

I think what I might be missing is the configurable granting equal levels of the Draconic Exemplar class... because it thinks there are no levels in the class but I could be completely wrong on all accounts.

Any additional assistance is greatly appreciated.

For now I have your script at Final Phase/10000
Code:
~Set the focus to the class helper we want to copy from
perform hero.childfound[cHelpDra].setfocus

~If there is no focus (for example, because we don't have that class on this character), stop here
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~Copy the number of slots for our class's 2nd, 3rd and 4th tables to this configurable's respective table.
field[cfgMax2].value += focus.field[cGiveSp2nd].value
field[cfgMax3].value += focus.field[cGiveSp3rd].value
field[cfgMax4].value += focus.field[cGiveSp4th].value

Last edited by tekknowkub; August 6th, 2018 at 05:48 AM.
tekknowkub is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tekknowkub

Old August 6th, 2018, 06:29 AM
Nevermind, I am going to take a completely different approach to this to make it much simpler. Not sure why I decided to look into the most complicate way of doing this..

Thank you for your response though!
tekknowkub is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 6th, 2018, 07:05 AM
No problem. I'd say, if you decide to circle back to the configurable, look at the candidate expression fields next.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tekknowkub

Old August 7th, 2018, 05:16 AM
so... I ran into an issue trying to add class specials or feats to an archetype at certain levels. It looks like they are just added immediately instead of at the specified levels.

I think this is where I might need to use some conditions but the following isn't working for a feat:

field[cfgLevel].value >= 5 & !AbReplace.fRPLatBrea

The CLSpecials I added are also applying right away instead of at the designated levels... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
tekknowkub is offline   #6 Reply With Quote