Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old September 29th, 2016, 03:34 AM
Not sure I can do that since it's a built-in, global Super Power modifier and may not be precludable but I'll take a closer look at it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 29th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I just tried it with s2mLimit2. It is in the editor under SPC Mods.

As I see it, you have 3 options:

1) Hope that Caped Crusader can be convinced that they are not unique.

2) Make new copies of every power that use your version and not the original for any power modifier that you make. This is lame.

3) The easiest way is to make new versions that I can think of is to make the ones that you want and "replace thing id". That should be done sparingly, but it sounds to me like you would want to do it. I would. Remember that it needs to have either the same source checked or no source checked at all.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.

Last edited by SeeleyOne; September 29th, 2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: A third option came to mind, which I put as first.
SeeleyOne is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Well, I treated it that way because that's the way all of the other generic modifiers work. They are all unique, and some have a dual +1/+2 (or -1/-2) point cost. (And Clint's comment that they weren't really meant to be stackable.) It's designed to be like a Hindrance on a Power, and Hindrances have limits on how many can be applied.

That being said, let me see what I can get away with, it may not be that big a deal. The issue is that it's required to have it's own line in the display.

And Please Do Not Use Replace. Can't stress this enough. It is not designed for that level. If it were up to me, I'd remove it from the interface. It's the king of unseen consequences. It was put in there for some obscure coding reason very early on, and has caused nothing but problems when used at the Setting level. It affects *everything* else. Please, don't use it.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 30th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I didn't think the Limitations thing would be a big deal, I just treated it like the others. No need to convince me, I just didn't consider it.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 30th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Yeah, replacing things works while using it ONLY for creating player characters. It gets really funky with NPCs and creatures. I forgot that people might not know that. But hey, if you are using it for your own group and you realize that, then do it.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 30th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I also meant everything, like every Setting. If I recall correctly, it does not confine the replacement to just the Setting it's sourced to.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 30th, 2016, 04:08 PM
You are right, it only does if it has the same source as the original. Otherwise you need to keep it blank. But yeah, it is better to not use it if you can avoid it. I have used it for temporary measures where I only wanted something to work before I got around to making a duplicate that worked better.

SeeleyOne is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 30th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Going back and making duplicates of things that it requires or look at it can be time consuming. That is why the different data sets are not very compatible with one another. You cannot mix and match very easily in Hero Lab as it stands.

SeeleyOne is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 30th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I do hope it can be made to work, and I really do like that those lines for the options are printed out on the Super Powers tab, too. I've been working with it a lot more making some villains for the NE: Breakout game I'm currently running and it works and looks better, as I knew it would, than the temporary SPC2 file I banged together... like a LOT better. One thing I did notice is that the Trappings aren't listed there anymore, though. It might be nice to see them.

I haven't checked out printing yet, but I do have a few players that maintain their characters on my version of HL (no computer, just a tablet for some of the guys) so I tend to knock out PDFs for them to use during the game in their tablets or I'll print them if they forget their tablets. So I may be doing some more checking on those kinds of things as they come up.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
AngelusLA

Old October 1st, 2016, 03:57 AM
when saving my pdf of my hero I notice this in the armor super powers list

Armor Cost 5 Lvl

Your character gains 3 points of armor each time this power is purchased.
Level 5 - Your character gains 10 points of armor.

I know it meant as 2 points of armor

LA
AngelusLA is offline   #200 Reply With Quote