Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RayPrancer

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Fudge uses special dice it calls dF, each generates a result between -1 and +1, I'm sure this is possible to do in HeroLab, but am unsure of which file and what script I need to add to say that when someone rolls dFs roll d3-2 for each dF to be rolled - that is the result of that specific dF, or where I need to tell Fudge F is a valid number of sides for a dice and it should execute this script (I'm sure this later one is where the concept of dice having sides is explained to HeroLab, but can't work out which file it is).
RayPrancer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Where are you looking to utilize this? I'm asking because I'm not sure what you are looking for beyond what Hero Lab already provides.

In the case of the dice roller, you can implement the rolling of four Fudge dice very easily. For what to roll, simply use "4d6". In the "Add to each die" slot, enter "-2". Then click the "Roll" button and you've got yourself a standard Fudge roll.

We could add the ability to define custom die types, but I'm not sure what more you would need than what I've outlined above. Please give me a better idea of what you're looking for here.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:32 AM
Sorry for not getting back sooner, I've been busy with real life followed by some password issues (since resolved using the forum's forgotten password feature as this was essentially the nature of those problems). I asked the question due to missing last time I used it that the dice roller provides the modified values of the individual rolls as well as the result.
Really, I just need to work out how to make it the default roll for the system - I've found the relevant part of the files, but am not sure how to get the -2 to each die to show up when I first open the roller.
RayPrancer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Ah, now I understand. You want to setup the default die roll to include adjustments, such as applying the -2 to each die. That's not something that HL currently supports. I'll need to talk to Colen about how best to handle this.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote