Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
If you were to copy the "Cat, Small" animal companion, in order to make a version that's allowed for the leopard shaman, creating that new version as a replacement of the old means that you'll only see one copy of "Cat, Small" when you're deciding what race your animal companion should be, and it means that if someone writes a feat that says "if you've picked cat, small as your animal companion, it gets +2 DEX", that feat will work on your revised version, too, since you've set it to replace the original.

Each of the animal shaman archetypes adds a new list of secondary custom abilities to the druid class. That's all handled on the archetype.

On the custom abilities table, the powers that can be added as totem transformations use the "Available to Classes" option to set that specific animal shaman archetype as one of the classes they are allowed for, and they set "Not Primary Ability?" to "Secondary".

The "Totem Transformation" class special has nothing to do with picking the abilities - all it's there for is to serve as a reference for how the ability works, and to determine whether the ability takes a standard action, move action, or swift action (depending on the character's druid level).
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Hexamony

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
I don't know how or why but it's working now. Last night I had to reboot so I closed both copies of Hero Lab I had running (So that I could more easily flip between Lion Shaman and the one I'm working on) then today when I loaded it up, I tested what I had and everything is working as it should. Though I don't know how it's working.

Anyhow, I have a fresh problem. One of my Totem Transformations gives me a +4 Racial Bonus to Stealth. I know it's an Eval Script, Post-Levels, but after that I don't know what the code would be.
Hexamony is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Can you think of a race that grants itself a racial bonus to stealth? (Scanning a few pages into the Bestiary, I came across the Archon, Hound and the Basilisk that have stealth bonuses) (or you could look at the Cat, Leopard if this archetype grants a situational stealth bonus like the leopard, although in that case, you're looking at the racial specials).

It'll be the exact same code for this to grant that bonus.

Remember that just compiling the files doesn't apply the changes you've made - ctrl-r (quick reload) will compile them, then reload them.
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Hexamony

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Heh, considering I've been working at this on my own without really poking at the cryptic help files I was wholly unaware of Ctrl-R. Knowing that will be incredibly handy.

Oh. Sometimes I get stuck. I didn't think to look at other entries entirely for an example of a stealth bonus. Failed that insight roll.
Hexamony is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Hexamony

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I've done it. Attached is a rough edit of the Leopard Shaman. Later I'll go in and add all the text descriptions. Right now I wanted others to look at it so they can see if I forgot anything.

Archetype: Leopard Shaman (For Druid)
Also Includes: Black Leopard Animal Companion (Not just a skin change) and Grab based on Grab (Same Size) rules.

As I reach to hit 'Submit Reply' I realize that half the new powers won't make a lot of sense without the descriptions yet.. but I'm too excited at my progress to not share right now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leopard_Shaman.zip (3.4 KB, 3 views)
Hexamony is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on finishing it!
Lawful_g is offline   #16 Reply With Quote