Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

unicornmafia

Send a message via Skype™ to unicornmafia

Old October 14th, 2014, 06:53 PM
hello,
I'm a total noob trying to use abcreator to create some units. I have watched the tutorial, but my use-case isn't the same as the one in the tutorial. For one thing, I cannot use per-member costs in my unit. my unit starts at a given size for a given set of points, and then you can add extra members. Also, the unit may contain different types of members. like you might have two robots and two werewolves forming a wolf-bot squad. I can then add more wolves or more robots in groups of 1, 2, or maybe 6, for set points amounts. upgrades can be given individually, to the first 4, or any 2 that are added on. also, the sets of 2 that are added on, can be added to multiple units. for instance, adding two new wolves would work for adding to an all wolf unit too.

I am having trouble figuring out how to use abcreator to make this work.
It seems like some of it would work like seer councils or pallidin units, or dedicted transports in 40k.. i don't know how to do that either... anyone have any experience with anything like this?

thanks in advance!
unicornmafia is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Draneceus

Old November 21st, 2014, 07:20 PM
I've built a whole system with a similar unit structure. The key is creating the base unit as a buy-in, leave your Size at 0 and your stats blank, then use options for the unit to attach each individual separate unit and cost.

For example:

Create three units-

Unit
---------------------
Wolf-Bot Squad (blank stats and size)
robot (include stats, but STRIP TAGS!)
werewolf (include stats, but STRIP TAGS!)

Create two options for your child units-

option
-----------------
robot
werewolf

Then, in your Wolf-Bot Squad, link the two child units and adjust the costs using the Edit Link screen.

Once you start fiddling with your links and options, I think you'll start to see a lot of things start to make sense.
Draneceus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote