Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

huntergreenoz

Old February 22nd, 2020, 07:40 PM
Having trouble integrating RW with Hero Lab. I've created a HL portfolio with my NPC I want to integrate and saved the file and linked it with the HL snippet in RW. I was expecting the the little integrate symbol to light up (the one with two little arrows crossing) but its not happening. Am I doing something wrong?

Have had a bit of a play around and seem to have found a fix. It seems there's a problem with integration with the 64-bit version of HL. If I load the 32-bit version before loading RW then the integrate button lights up, but if I load the 64-bit version it doesn't.

Is there a fix coming for this?
huntergreenoz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 26th, 2020, 05:19 PM
HL 64 bit doesn't work with RW. This is known to LWD but we're still waiting for a fix.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old February 28th, 2020, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
HL 64 bit doesn't work with RW. This is known to LWD but we're still waiting for a fix.
More like we are waiting for them to care, honestly not sure they even read this forum anymore.

Sad state we find ourselves in, so many years of evangelizing this product to be proved wrong by those whom i argued against.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 28th, 2020, 04:15 PM
They explained why and let several people go, therefore it didn't really seem they had a choice?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old February 28th, 2020, 06:00 PM
There's always a choice. This is the choice they (apparently) made.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 2nd, 2020, 03:26 AM
Of course, but the alternative could have mean that the whole company is no longer.
What that would mean for RW i dont know.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 2nd, 2020, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Of course, but the alternative could have mean that the whole company is no longer.
What that would mean for RW i dont know.
No argument here, but they are also accountable for that choice, just like me for being wrong.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 4th, 2020, 07:04 PM
From the HLO forums in response to my thread piracy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I'm finally getting the time to circle back on these items for you. Please note that I won't be actively monitoring the HLC forums. Heck, I rarely check the HLO forums anymore and am only doing so recently because there's so much new stuff out. So I'm going to answer your HLC questions here. You can forward this information to other forums you deem appropriate, but please remember that I won't be monitoring those places.

Now that we've got the PF2 GMG wrapping up, SWADE should get the attention is deserves. There should be some details coming soon regarding SWADE.

Prior to having all the Campaign Theater stuff in place, there wasn't a compelling reason for PF1 users to migrate to the HLO space. Now that we've finally got that stuff operational, PF1 migration is a viable path. That said, we still need to flesh out some of the CT functionality first, and implementing the migration will entail a sizable chunk of work. So nothing is imminent, but the subject of PF1 migration is going to be a "hot topic" in-house in the weeks ahead.

The issue with HLC 64-bit and RW got completely lost in the past many months of coding madness. And it's unlikely to get addressed for at least a couple more weeks, based on our current game plan. But I'm putting it back on my radar, and I'll do my best to investigate it in the weeks ahead. Sorry I can't be more definitive on this.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 4th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Well, at least he remembers the red-headed stepchild exists.
Merion is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 4th, 2020, 11:28 PM
A glimpse of hope. I hope he does not hate the child now. It is the best thing this company produced, followed by HLC.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote