Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

vatechguy

Old November 13th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I had to re-imaged my laptop with Windows 7. Prior to doing so, I exported my current inventory to xml so I could import it after the OS install.

I was able to easily reinstall the product, and re-license it. What has me concerned is when I try to "Load Inventory XML File..." (which I know with certainty is valid - I can import it on the other machine I have CardVault installed without any issue) it gives me the following error:

Error reading inventory XML file: c:\cardvault\Inventory\Magic The Gathering.xml

Now this wouldn't seem like a big deal, but we're talking about almost 50k cards I've entered into this thing since I bought it back in August. I am NOT going through that again manually.

It doesn't appear to matter where I have the file located, I've tried my Z: drive, other folders on C: as well as my desktop.

I do wonder that the version I have managed to get installed isn't right. The load screen and Help -> About show CardVault 1.5 instead of 1.5a. But I've tried re-running the 1.5a installer multiple times and nothing changes. I'm paranoid about uninstalling/reinstalling because of the 90 day thing. Is it safe to rip it out and start from scratch if the OS is the same as I licensed today?

How do I get the inventory file I have loaded back into this thing?

Thanks in advance.
vatechguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
vatechguy

Old November 13th, 2009, 05:13 AM
I copied over the old folder (C:\Cardvault) I had saved off from the Vista install of the Cardvault - now my inventory is there.

It still will not let me load the inventory.xml though. WTF?

Last edited by vatechguy; November 13th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.
vatechguy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear you're back up and running. That's very strange - can you email me the inventory file to colen@wolflair.com? I have a windows 7 virtual machine here I can test it on.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote