Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AlHazred

Old March 24th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I loves me some Hero Lab, so I was very excited when the 5E SRD version came out, because I knew the community would make the stuff that's not in the SRD. I started entering my character, and came across an area I think could use a little tweaking.

In D&D 5E, the book makes extensive use of Downtime Days for non-adventuring character development; if you have enough, you can learn a language or a new tool proficiency. You generally get some days every time you level up. It would be awesome if there was an extra field in Journal entries that recorded cumulative Downtime Days, and maybe something when you add a language/tool proficiency that subtracted them.

Also, for Adventurers League play, it would be great if there were fields for "DM" and "DM DCI number," and maybe "Event." I know you can just put that stuff in the notes, but it would be great if you had the option of putting that in its own field.
AlHazred is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 4th, 2016, 07:09 PM
I agree, downtime days should be able to be tracked.

I am kinda surprised stuff like Factions and Downtime days are not included.

Peace
Thunder is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 5th, 2016, 09:39 AM
I'm hoping HL will do what they did for 5e that they had in Pathfinder. They had the Journal entries that we have, but they also had a completely separate set of entries to track Reputation. That could easily be used for Renown/Factions.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 5th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Have you submitted your request to LW?

http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...php?project=5e
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I haven't yet. D&D night was tonight; I'm running Princes of the Apocalypse (2 temples down, 2 to go).

I want to take a look at my pathfinder game and see what the alternate journals were called before I put in a suggestion.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
deetydoc

Old November 13th, 2017, 08:02 PM
I really enjoy using Hero Lab. It's helping me stay organized in my groups Living Greyhawk campaign. However, I really feel like the journal is missing 2 extremely important features.

1.) Reordering entries: It's very easy to need this... if you remember something the next day or perhaps didn't get a particular AR until later... there will be a need to add an entry with a previous date. A simple way to reorder the list would be wonderful. The only other option is to delete everything (probably copying/pasting into word) and then re-entering it in the correct order, which is extremely tedious.

2.) A search function... Which AR was the one that gives me a discount on my upkeep? Which house still owes me a favor? That blessing is supposed to last a certain amount of time... has it expired yet? What was the date? Etc, etc, etc. A search function would make the journal infinitely more useful.
deetydoc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote