Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:30 AM
Was wondering if we had any ideas on if any new game system specific templates were going to get added to the existing ones in Realm Works? I remember it being said that more would most likely be available in the future and was wondering what the status was on that.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 23rd, 2019, 03:14 PM
I'd wager Starfinder is coming.

And Pathfinder 2.0

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:44 PM
And here I am, doing Structure exports for realms with game system 'Other'...

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old April 24th, 2019, 05:00 AM
While adding game systems isn't our current focus we would very much like to see more game systems in the future.
Rone is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 24th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
While adding game systems isn't our current focus we would very much like to see more game systems in the future.
Maybe if you'd open up the CM to contributors outside your partners, who are mostly if not exclusively PF and 5e publishers, you'd get some.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 25th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Definitely ant to see stuff that is not 5E or pathfinder since I don't play them.

Having some templates with custom content categories for things like Monsters, etc. for some of the more popular game systems that do allow 3rd party stuff that aren't in Realm Works currently might help get more non-5E & Pathfinder material.

Any OSR one for example would let you get publishers for Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC, and other OSR games to submit stuff.

Maybe having some people volunteer to set up a blank realm with the custom content categories done for various systems not in Realm Works so a repository of templates can exist might be something to consider too.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 25th, 2019, 03:05 PM
We can do that already. The community file repository has a link for structures to be shared.

Build it and it might come.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old April 25th, 2019, 03:20 PM
It would be great if we could collaborate on and share the templates easily, even for games which don't allow much 3rd-party activity.

I just finished entering the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (powered by GURPS) into a realm for myself. In the process, I had to create custom templates for Spells, Skills, Monsters, Professions, Racial Templates, etc. - almost everything, since GURPS mechanics are extremely different than the d20 multiverse mechanics.

I'm not holding out much hope that Steve Jackson Games would ever participate in the CM, but even for people who want to enter the data themselves, it would be nice to have the structure already in place - getting that into a useful form took almost as long as entering all the data!

Now I'm working on another realm for GURPS 4th Edition - creating the Article Categories alone for that is a fairly daunting task. It would be nice if, as a community, we'd only have to do these things once, and easily share and collaborate on them, even for games where we likely won't be able to share the actual data.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 25th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibecker View Post
It would be great if we could collaborate on and share the templates easily, even for games which don't allow much 3rd-party activity.

I just finished entering the Dungeon Fantasy RPG (powered by GURPS) into a realm for myself. In the process, I had to create custom templates for Spells, Skills, Monsters, Professions, Racial Templates, etc. - almost everything, since GURPS mechanics are extremely different than the d20 multiverse mechanics.

I'm not holding out much hope that Steve Jackson Games would ever participate in the CM, but even for people who want to enter the data themselves, it would be nice to have the structure already in place - getting that into a useful form took almost as long as entering all the data!

Now I'm working on another realm for GURPS 4th Edition - creating the Article Categories alone for that is a fairly daunting task. It would be nice if, as a community, we'd only have to do these things once, and easily share and collaborate on them, even for games where we likely won't be able to share the actual data.

-Ian
I'd contact SJG directly. they may not want to produce content for the CM but I wouldn't be shocked if they ok'd you releasing a free realm template for Dungeon Fantasy.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 25th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Do an export of the structure, host is somewhere (like Google Drive, DropBox) and add the link to HERE.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote