Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Absintheminded78

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:22 AM
Weird

I'm not sure if it's something local on my PC, I have RW installed on my work PC too so tomorrow I might test it there and see if I have the same issues.
Absintheminded78 is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
just a thought but did you have the CSV open in a spreadsheet editor when you created the export?
Pretty sure I didn't as I went through the Feats CSV and broke it down into different files - General, Combat etc. - and I'm sure they were all closed when I tried to do the conversion.
Absintheminded78 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Have you tried importing a file created with RW?

Try this
Attached Files
File Type: zip Featbook.zip (868.3 KB, 8 views)
ErinRigh is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Have you tried importing a file created with RW?

Try this
Got to 6% - crash - Category does not exist... FFS

Oddly though I've managed to import stuff previously - Isle of Kandril, We Be Goblins, Spells file I created with EightBitz's script - with no issue.

I'll try on my work PC and see what happens, if it works fine there I'll have to nuke RW on this PC and start over
Absintheminded78 is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:33 AM
OK, sorry I couldn't help
ErinRigh is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:35 AM
No problem, appreciate the help, looks like we've narrowed it down a bit and Farling's program is not to blame which is good news.
Absintheminded78 is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 20th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absintheminded78 View Post
No problem, appreciate the help, looks like we've narrowed it down a bit and Farling's program is not to blame which is good news.
It does sound like there is something wrong with your Realm Works database unfortunately. Hopefully you won't lose too much if you had to download everything from the cloud again?
Farling is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 20th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
A quick look at the rwexport xml gives me the impression that there is something afoul in the structure. There are some text fields that seem to be outside the xml tags, if the XML does not support inline linebreaks.
Also I see that topics are missing the public_name attribute value, this might cause a crash on import. Absinthe: Are you adding a value to the Name property in the CSV2RW tool? And verifying that the CVS columns contains values/text?
I only just downloaded the file now from GoogleDocs. Do the latest versions still have this problem in them? If so, can you give line numbers (since there are 32,477 lines).
Farling is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 20th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craghammer View Post
Hi Farling, looking into the CSV file, I've noticed it has a lot of special characters in the text, and that is probably messing up the import. Working through it and it looks better and better when importing.
Are you still having issues with the special characters?

I would be interested in seeing just those lines from the CSV line (As well as the header line), so I can see why the tool isn't converting those characters properly.

Or maybe it is that Qt uses UTF-8 as the default character set, whereas Realm Works might expect only ASCII (bottom 7-bits)?
Farling is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:49 PM
A new version (v1.4) has just been posted which adds the ability to mark the entire topic as REVEALED to players (the revealing of individual snippets has always been possible).

For people who use the optional parent containing topic, this can also be flag as REVEALED to players.

Last edited by Farling; April 20th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.
Farling is offline   #50 Reply With Quote