Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

morval

Old November 18th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I've read the FAQ and I'm a bit confused on the player edition licensing.

I can use the GM edition on multiple computers since its via login, just can't be logged in with the same username on more than one computer. No problem.

Is Player Edition the same way? So if the player brings a different computer they can just install the program again and login and everything works. I just want to make sure its not tied to the computer or the Windows login. The FAQ mentions something about it being tied to the Windows login?

I'm hoping its just tied to the user's email address and the player edition login.

Thanks,

Konrad
morval is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Realm Works accounts are tied to your email, so you should be able to run the Realm Works application, log in, and download whatever you can see on any Windows machine that has the application installed.

However, when you do so your Realm Works account information and the downloaded database are stored in the Windows user folder. To change which user can log into Realm Works you have to either use separate Windows user accounts or (move or) delete the existing user's local copy of the database so a new Realm Works user can log in.

So your Realm Works account isn't tied to the machine or the Windows user account, but each Realm Works user on a machine should have a different Windows user account.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Parody; November 18th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
morval

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Realm Works accounts are tied to your email, so you should be able to run the Realm Works application, log in, and download whatever you can see on any Windows machine that has the application installed.

However, when you do so your Realm Works account information and the downloaded database are stored in the Windows user folder. To change which user can log into Realm Works you have to either use separate Windows user accounts or (move or) delete the existing user's local copy of the database so a new Realm Works user can log in.

So your Realm Works account isn't tied to the machine or the Windows user account, but each Realm Works user on a machine should have a different Windows user account.

Does that make sense?
Oh I see. We won't have that problem, everyone uses their own computer, just not always the same computer. So if you use a computer that already has someone elses realmworks you just need to login to that Windows as a different user. Sounds fine.

Thanks!
morval is offline   #3 Reply With Quote