Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Antel

Old May 4th, 2017, 03:35 AM
Hello,
Does the new updated Mystic Class (Unearthed Arcana 2017) will be included in the next Community files?

The class is quite different than the homebrew based on the Psionic Handbook.

Don't know if i can put the link here...
Antel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 6th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Subscribed. I'm waiting for this to come out (and will help test as best i can).
furby076 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 6th, 2017, 07:58 PM
If someone wants to do it and submit we can add it in. It's not something I'm personally planning on doing anytime in the near future though. I've banned this class at the table until it's released officially in a book.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 7th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I am starting something tonight. Mind you, I really don't know how to program (especially automate), but at the least I can do some of the grunt work and build class, features, etc templates. If someone, who knows how to program this stuff, is willing to work with me, we let's make it happen. Right now, I'm working on the base class as well as Awakened Order. Again, please let me know
furby076 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Come work on it over at the GitHub with the Community Pack team so we can help as required. And if you are planning on submitting this to the Community Pack can you please set you name identifier to '5C'. This matches the naming convention we follow as will save alot of re-work.

Hero Lab Editor > Tools > Set User Identifier > 5C

This will put 5C into the name of every 'thing' ensuring we know it belongs to the community pack.

Also, HERE's our wiki with some useful stuff such as scripts to automate things.

Ans if you need to know how to do something, a great resource is the GitHub itself. You open it up and search for the name of something that you want to do in the search pane and it will return all of the code in the community pack where that thing has been modified.

For example, you want to add resistance to bludgeoning so you look up the name of the bludgeoning thing 'dtBludgeon'. Now you can see all of the code where dtBludgeoning has been mentioned.

Pro Tip: To get the names of 'things' in Hero Lab. From Hero Lab go Develop > Enable Data File Debugging. Now you can right click on stuff in Hero Lab to see their uniqueID and other info.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; May 7th, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 7th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Great. I registered on Github, and changed the profile to 5c (e.g., cMysAwPS5C)

Once I have the basic stuff created, then I will upload
furby076 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 8th, 2017, 02:21 PM
I started a thread there. This is where I am (and files attached for anyone who wants to review)
https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues/646

Hello All. I am attempting at creating the Mystic, from UA - Linked PDF to wizard site

Other than rudimentary coding, I haven't really done anything major. So, with that. I created the base class and Order of the awakened. Below are the items that are missing, sorted by Base class, Order of Awakened, and Disciplines (not started yet). I don't mind doing the grunt work of creating the base items, but do need help in the more technical areas.

Updated: 5/12
Mystic Base
DONE

Order of the Awakened
  • How do you make it to choose 2 bonus disciplines when you choose your order? It should probably work similar to the bard ability, but only let you choose certain spell schools (I made psionic ones)
  • Spectral Form (lvl 14): How should this be made, that when selected, it shows the benefits (e.g., resistance to all damage, half speed, etc)

Disciplines
  1. Discipline shows up as an ability: Will do fighting styles or Combat Maneuvers. Is there a way, when adding a discipline, it adds the focus as a tracked ability, or should it be made to class special ability? I think it would look better in tracked ability
  2. Discipline expands to individual powers (spells) in spell list. So, choose 1 discipline, and all the powers show on your spell list

Misc Stuff Done
  • Made Psionic schools
  • Talent powers

Misc Open
  • Can DCs be added to powers?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Avi-Custom.zip (12.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by furby076; May 12th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
furby076 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 8th, 2017, 05:50 PM
More updates made. Also listed "DONE" where I am done (or at least think i am). Some if it is as simple as having it tracked in specials (e.g., consumptive power).

I could really use help with Disciplines. It should probably work like this: You select a Discipline, and then each power is listed separately. The special ability is tracked in specials. If someone can help with one, i can make the rest
furby076 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 11th, 2017, 04:24 PM
ANyone know how to track Psi Points? I took the Ki Points tracker and remade it to Psi Points tracker...however, it shows 0 points (vs 1 for the original ki). So the question...where do i set the math?

Also, interesting enough, the character sheet shows Ki (0/short rest)...I'm not sure where to go to change the word Ki

Recap:
Tracker: changed from Ki (trkKi) to Mystic Psi Points Tracker (trkPsiP5c)
furby076 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 11th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Updated on post 7, above

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....75&postcount=7

Last edited by furby076; May 11th, 2017 at 07:19 PM.
furby076 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote