Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TonganJedi

Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:28 PM
I wondered how difficult it would be to implement variation into the map pins. I'd like the ability to select different colors or styles to be able to differentiate them when viewing them in Player View.

I have a scenario where I'd like to use Player View and a Smart Map object to track the status of a race. I could update the relative placement of teams using pins on a map of the course, but in Player View each pin looks identical.

We could also use the ability to display caption text on the pin. When the pin moves, the text moves with it.
TonganJedi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old April 23rd, 2017, 06:07 PM
This is redundant to at least these two other requests:
Area pins
Alternate pin icons/colors
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TonganJedi

Old April 23rd, 2017, 08:16 PM
Correct. They're requests that have been out there for a year-and-a-half and almost FOUR YEARS respectively. I (re)submitted on the off-chance they fell off the radar.
TonganJedi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
There have been multiple posts regarding pin usability and would really like LWD to at least acknowledge that people are interested in pin improvements.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55323
GThiel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 25th, 2017, 11:03 AM
LWD has acknowledged the need for looking into and adding more options regarding pins.

At least according to my memory.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 25th, 2017, 12:05 PM
It's on my list of things they've said they are considering. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought up the next time there is a questionnaire.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 25th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I'm hoping that the next survey is done in a better way than the last one, which I'm sure i messed up. I discovered after I submitted it, that it apparently wanted you to rate which item was your top item, then which was 2nd, etc. I thought it was a rating of 1 to 9 for each item. :-( Would prefer just a list of things, with yes/no options. Count up all the yesses and go from there.
GThiel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 25th, 2017, 02:25 PM
There have been more than a few people express dissatisfaction with the previous survey. I know that Rob has been involved in threads where those comments were made so he has certainly seen them.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 25th, 2017, 05:15 PM
The fundamental flaw with the first poll was equally weighting the votes between players and DMs. Realm Works is predominantly a DMs tool, LW failed to consider the number of players outweigh the number of DMs. Without providing for the DMs needs first, the Players version is dead in the water before it even came available.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 26th, 2017, 08:54 PM
The survey is a whole different topic and probably should be next to politics and religion. Lol Regarding the original topic of map pins, I agree that we need a variety and I would add the option to change the direction. Sometimes there's an area small enough that the current pin direction blocks vital information.
ruhar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote