Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jenwilly

Old May 10th, 2017, 04:59 AM
I am trying to apply the Half Dragon template from the Monster Manual to a player character. I can add custom racial traits to the character sheet, but it only allows me to enter the name and not a description. All it says is something to the effect of "found in the Player's Handbook" or some such thing. Right now, I have an abbreviated summary of the ability added to the title, but it looks like crap and is not that helpful. How do I add the custom "flavor text" to actually describe the racial ability?
jenwilly is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 11th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Have you tried to configure hero as an NPC, then apply the community Half-Dragon template?

If you reconfigure the hero back to PC after adding the template on the NPC, HL keeps the template added abilities and the descriptive texts on the PC. Not sure if that's what is intended and templates are sometimes buggy but it will work as of right now.

Normally templates are not given to PCs, and normally no PCs should have templates since they skew the challenge rating and level calculations (the veteran in the MM is CR3, the half-dragon veteran is CR5). This means that a templated PC would have abilities that grant a level or two in advantage.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote