Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

pickin_grinnin

Old March 7th, 2017, 10:08 AM
I get the following error when I try to load Call of Cthulhu:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors."

I checked the files it listed and they are in the right place on the computer. I paid for the license to Call of Cthulhu some time ago, and have used it before with no problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
pickin_grinnin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM
This means that some user-created content you have added has some errors in it. Were there any error messages before that one? (In Hero Lab, you can right-click on pop-up messages, and copy their text, to make it easier to post the exact error message here).

To check what files are present, OK through this message and open the CoC files. Then, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and then Game System Data Folder. Search that folder for any files of the .user extension - errors in those files are what lead to this error message, when you try to load the game system that's using those .user files.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote