Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

BeZurKur

Old July 8th, 2017, 06:47 AM
For the Create New Content Dialog Box, there is a section to the right with buttons for where to create it (container). The options are: No Container, Current, and Last.

Okay... all good. Now, is there a way to have it remember what your last selection was? I'm creating a skill list for the mechanics section and it's breaking my momentum to constantly reach for the mouse to select "Last".
BeZurKur is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sirikus

Old July 8th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Remembering the state would be good. An idea I had, though I don't know how practical it would be would be to have different versions of the quick create shortcut that default to each of the three options. Like ctrl-q defaults to none, ctrl-alt-q defaults to last and ctrl-shift-q defaults to current, that way all three options are available with no mouse input needed.
Sirikus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BeZurKur

Old July 9th, 2017, 07:38 PM
I'd settle for simply remembering. I thought that was a standard norm. I was hoping there was something in preferences that I was missing, but I guess not. Oh well, I'll continue to create the lists and then individually move them into a container with shift+drag'n drop. :-/
BeZurKur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old July 9th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Well it defaults to current so instead of creating and drag and drop, just select the container you want them in and it will place them there
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BeZurKur

Old July 10th, 2017, 08:21 PM
@ErinRigh: Mine defaults to "No Container" and places the new article at the root level despite what is selected in the navigation pane. That happens whether I get to the dialog box through a hot-key or by the plus-icon toward the upper left. I agree that if it defaulted to current, it would not be a problem. Any idea why our RW are behaving differently?
BeZurKur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old July 12th, 2017, 09:37 PM
That is bizarre, let me see if I can find a setting somewhere that i may have flicked
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old July 13th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Check under preferences>Custom Views Is the selection there checked? It is for me
ErinRigh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
BeZurKur

Old July 13th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Yup. It is selected for me too. I tried clicking it on and off then trying again. It still defaults to "No Container".

If someone else could check as well to find what is the "normal" behavior, I'd appreciate it.
BeZurKur is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Taronthir

Old July 16th, 2017, 08:51 AM
If you right click the container you want to put the content in and click "Create Contained" it automatically fills out the container for you.
Taronthir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 16th, 2017, 02:30 PM
At the moment, if you use Ctrl + Q the dialog doesn't remember the last radio button selected in the Container grouping. It looks like this is something that just didn't get implemented, but it would be good if it did.

I've added this item to our list of possible improvements to implement.
SteveT is offline   #10 Reply With Quote