Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

evdjj3j

Old May 5th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Is it possible to make a com unit a tier 1 computer in HLO, I know the rules allow it?
evdjj3j is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
Is it possible to make a com unit a tier 1 computer in HLO, I know the rules allow it?
Yes it it!

Simply purchase a tier 1 Computer and call it a Comm Unit, while we don't have the function yet to add a Custom Name for the given Computer a level 1 Computer can easily function as a basic Comm Device as per the description in the Computer Equipment section.
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:23 AM
Just a quick tap in, and unless I way off, you would have to give the Tier 1 computer you buy the miniaturization upgrade to make it be L bulk versus 1 bulk and gel with being a persocomm unit.

Could be wrong though!
ben.rincon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:25 AM
I believe you are correct Ben.
evdjj3j is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2018, 07:41 AM
I guess it depends on what kind of Phone you want.

Personally, my Meat-Space Comm Unit is about 7 inches tall by 3.5 across and weighs half a pound. It may not "Weigh" a ton but good grief I cant fit it and my keys in the same pocket without making sitting uncomfortable so I'd put my own at 1 Bulk, but I have a monstrously large phone.

Great advice though!
Ryan F is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 25th, 2018, 10:05 PM
and how would you recommend upgrading from a personal commlink (tier 0 computer) to a tier 1 computer? Sell and rebuy?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 3rd, 2018, 10:07 AM
Generally speaking, I imagine most users who wish to "Upgrade" their Comm-Unit would simply sell their old Unit for the 10% Return and simply purchase a New, better model.

I imagine it would be a pain to find some NPC craftsman or merchant who'd even be willing to tear a pre-build Comm-Unit/Computer apart to upgrade it, especially since it would be much faster and convenient to buy the new one and recycle the old model.

If you're looking at allowing a PC to upgrade the unit itself, I'd simply work out the math difference between the two device that they'll have to spend in UPB (Or other Crafting Materials) and purchase the higher tier equipment to replace the previous version. Once you have the upgraded version added for the appropriate cost go ahead and sell the old Comm-Unit for 0 credits.

--
Ryan Furnas
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com
http://www.wolflair.com
Ryan F is offline   #7 Reply With Quote