Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:01 AM
For some of us, we haven't gone to bed yet (it's cresting 4am) and continue to work on the product, so it's still essentially Monday in our brains. We've been in tunnel vision mode, striving to get everything into place.

At this point, it does not look like we're going to get the pre-release out successfully. There are still a handful of things that we considered a requirement and don't have in place yet, plus a few significant bugs that have eluded us thus far. My guess is that the email to Knightblde pertains to one of those bugs.

Look for a definitive update tomorrow afternoon, after we get a chance to catch some desperately needed Zzzs, do a bit more work, and assess everything one last time.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Get some rest. If you haven't got your health... you haven't got anything.
lifer4700 is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old December 24th, 2013, 04:52 AM
A big thanks to the Lone Wolf team for burning the candle at both ends for us!

I hope you get to enjoy a well deserved Christmas / New Year break.

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Rob you and the other devs have a Merry christmas
Dervish is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
jerrycnh

Old December 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
Get some rest. If you haven't got your health... you haven't got anything.
You have six fingers on your right hand. Someone was looking for you.
jerrycnh is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 24th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Rob,

When you post your update, I was wondering if you could address a couple of questions.

First, the early access folk are giving the product glowing reviews. I don't understand the seemingly conflicting assessments between them saying the product is great and you saying it's not ready for release.

Second, if I recall correctly, you said the major hurdle was the cloud sync. I and others have asked if you could release a version with the cloud sync disabled just so we could start building our worlds. That's the main part a lot of us seem to be waiting for. The ability to start entering and organizing all our data.
EightBitz is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
silee

Old December 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Rob,

When you post your update, I was wondering if you could address a couple of questions.

First, the early access folk are giving the product glowing reviews. I don't understand the seemingly conflicting assessments between them saying the product is great and you saying it's not ready for release.

Second, if I recall correctly, you said the major hurdle was the cloud sync. I and others have asked if you could release a version with the cloud sync disabled just so we could start building our worlds. That's the main part a lot of us seem to be waiting for. The ability to start entering and organizing all our data.
Agreed. I have been patiently waiting since April when I saw preview videos with what looked like a high level of functionality. You've already acknowledged that people want to enter data over the holidays since it's extremely tedious and people have the free time. In the time I've been waiting, my group has nearly finished one campaign and are getting ready to start another.
silee is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old December 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
To Rob and all others involved in bringing this software to market - TAKE A MUCH NEEDED BREAK!! Take a day off and spend it with your friends and family!

Like everyone else, I anxiously await the release of this software. HOWEVER, I am not willing to sacrifice the health or well being of you folks in order to satisfy our WANTS.

Please get some rest. We'll all be here after Christmas. I, for one, have no plans of taking my money elsewhere. From everything I have seen and heard, you will have the best software on the market for this niche within a niche (as was explained in a prior post).

Please... Take a day to revive your mind, body and spirit! You'll be pleasantly surprised of the positive effects.
Aleslosh is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that makes it sound. There are a lot of smaller, but still important items that needed to be in place prior to a release to the public (whether Pre-Release or V1.0) that didn't need to be in place for the KS.

Quote:
We talked a lot about the cloud sync in our last update. Here's the excerpt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Works Release Plan & Pricing
Why is the full server syncing stuff so important?
Server syncing is a cornerstone of Realm Works. In the same way that we envision Realm Works will transform the way people will run their games at the table, we see the cloud as adding an entirely new dimension that virtually every GM will find invaluable. As the members of gaming groups become more closely connected to each other through technology, so will the tabletop role-playing experience. Tools like Google Hangouts and Virtual Tabletops are just the tip of the iceberg. With this evolution in mind, we’re designing Realm Works to let gamers leverage that connectedness in ways that many have never even considered before.
However, as you'll see in the update I just posted, the cloud syncing proceeding well and isn't the only gating factor.

Last edited by liz; December 24th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
liz is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
The latest update about the Pre-Release can be found here.
liz is offline   #90 Reply With Quote