Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Magus

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Being able to create Metamagic feats with a negative level adjustment.

Being able to modify the Metamagic level adjustment value of a given Metamagic feat through a script from a class ability.
Lord Magus is offline   #141
Chemlak

Old August 29th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
Being able to create Metamagic feats with a negative level adjustment.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for here... But the PF developers are on record as saying that the lowest metamagic feat spell level modifier is +0, regardless of what traits, feats and class features you combine together.

If you're asking to be able to create custom metamagic feats with a -1 or lower spell level adjustment, I can't quite understand why, since making a spell worse than as written doesn't make sense to me.
Chemlak is offline   #142
Lord Magus

Old August 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for here... But the PF developers are on record as saying that the lowest metamagic feat spell level modifier is +0, regardless of what traits, feats and class features you combine together.

If you're asking to be able to create custom metamagic feats with a -1 or lower spell level adjustment, I can't quite understand why, since making a spell worse than as written doesn't make sense to me.
There are 3rd party products out there with options exploiting this possibility.

Combining with a negative metamagic feat can mitigate the cost of powerful positive ones.

What I was mostly thinking of is the old 3.5 FR Prestige Class Incantatrix, whose capstone ability reduced the cost of metamagic feats used by the character by 1 level (but not lower than +1). I have coded this entire PrC except for this capstone, which doesn't seem to be doable. As I actually had a quick chat with Mathias about this issue at Gen Con, I wanted to make sure this was sitting in the thread somewhere.
Lord Magus is offline   #143
TCArknight

Old August 30th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post

Being able to add a -1 Metamagic adjustment is, in the Core, as part of the Magical Lineage Trait. It reduces the Metamagic on a Specific spell chosen by 1. Right now, that's not possible. I tried creating a custom Metamagic to apply to it, and the -1 I entered comes out as +1 when added (and shows as +-1 on the screen).

It looks like it's using the absolute value of the Metamagic applied to a spell.
TCArknight is offline   #144
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Entering negative numbers isn't the way Magical Lineage should be fixed. It needs to modify the costs of the other metamagic options, not add a new entry, and I don't want to add the option for negatives if their only purpose is to allow hacked fixes.

Any examples of metamagic adjustments that actually need a negative number?
Mathias is offline   #145
Lord Magus

Old August 30th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Any examples of metamagic adjustments that actually need a negative number?
A recent one I can think of quickly, from Super Genius Bullet Points-5 Haste/Slow feats
Marathon of One [Metamagic]
(...) allows you to cast blessing of fervor, haste, or slow as a single target spell. This takes up a spell slot one level lower than its normal spell level. (No use of an ability, feat, trait, or feature may reduce the spell level to less than one lower than its normal spell level.)

There are surely others out there, but most are probably in 3rd party products. Weren't there rules for decreasing the level of a spell in Arcana Unearthed from Monte Cook?
Lord Magus is offline   #146
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That post was less than two years ago, so I'm not sure the term "several years" is appropriate here. The feature has not yet been added, because it keeps getting preempted by other things that are higher priority to users. For example, there was the native Mac version and now the tablet. It's still on the list, though, so we'll get to it as soon as appropriate.
Humm.... by definition
several:
a>more than one <several pleas>
b>more than two but fewer than many <moved several inches>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several)
The post I was referencing ( September 21st, 2010, 07:01 AM ) Just shy of two years, so I think "appropriate" is subjective.... but that isn't of concern one way or the other...
If its on a "list", great, Running a "business" I know requires prioritizing and selecting where it is best to expend resources to improve a great product. With that in mind, is there a posting of what this "list" looks like and would give all a "heads up" as to what is "on the table" so to speak?
By having such a list of "action items" it gives all a "taste" of what is to come & if something has also fell off the radar.
Best Regards DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #147
Dragnmoon

Old August 31st, 2012, 07:57 AM
Once again I would like to add that I am thankful that many of the requests I have seen put into here that are reasonable have been implemented, in fact most of mine have, which is awesome.

That said there is still one I would Love to see.

Being able to organize equipment/Magical items by different columns, not just the default. It would be especially nice to be able to list them by Cost.

But with the Equipment guide coming out it would also be nice to list everything by type.

In other words If I want to by an Alchemical Remedy, it would be nice to be able to just bring up all the Alchemical Remedies. Or if I want to buy Belt slot Wondrous Item it would be nice just to be able to list all those.
Dragnmoon is offline   #148
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Dragonmoon, the text filter can already offer you the two examples you're mentioned. (well, the alchemical remedies category hasn't been added yet, but this applies to other gear categories).

Type "Slot: XXXXX" for a magic item or "Category: XXXXXX" for regular gear, and it will filter down to only those items.

(Heck, you can leave out "Slot" or "Category" - adding ": " before the slot or category is enough to keep your search for "Belt" from also finding magical versions of the belt pouch and just find the items that use the belt slot).

Re-sorting has been asked for many times before, and is on the to-do list. It's going to require some significant work on the back-end, though, and we haven't been able to find the time for that.
Mathias is offline   #149
thistledown

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Got another one, relating to pathfinder society. A lot of people at my table use animals to carry our gear. When my gunslinger gives his powder or gunsmithing kit to the dog to carry, it flags the dog with an error tag for having gun stuff without having the gunsmithing feat. Is there a way to have the animal look to its master for item availability? Or just turn off the error flag?
thistledown is offline   #150
Closed Thread