Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Does Lone Wolf even look at this thread? Just wondering.
Please don't confuse a lack of response in the thread as an indication that we don't pay attention. User requests are definitely tracked and given serious consideration for implementation. However, they must be prioritized along with everything else we're working on, so many user suggestions are still in the queue.
rob is offline   #121
Dwayne

Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the answer. I was not sure if you read things like this.
Dwayne is online now   #122
Chemlak

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Count me in as someone who would like to see a "bulk adjustment" option at least in the Tactical Console - having to apply AoE damage to each and every target in a large combat is a pain in the posterior, let alone that my current party (of 7 players) has a Bard who loves to Inspire Courage, and a Cleric who uses Channel Positive Energy in combat, and... well, the list goes on and on. Being able to apply damage/healing/conditions in bulk to a tick-box list of the characters in the portfolio would be a GODSEND.
Chemlak is offline   #123
insaneurge

Old August 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
There are a few things i would like to see added.

In the editor for creating a creature under natural attacks I would like to see an option for touch attack and incorporeal touch attack.

I would like to see a space to input additional damage dice or notes in the weapon section, for instance +1d6 fire. Example: I think it would be easier than having to remember to look in the background section of a new creature the GM/player is unfamiliar with to remember to add additional damage to certain or all attacks. I would rather see a stat line like
Slam x2 [Elemental, Fire, Elder] 20/x2 B
Melee: +23 x2 2d8+8 (plus 2d10 fire)

Lastly, I wouldn't mind seeing an option to remove the unarmed strike line from creatures in the program itself.
insaneurge is offline   #124
gypsyxot

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneurge View Post
Lastly, I wouldn't mind seeing an option to remove the unarmed strike line from creatures in the program itself.
That sounds similar to my suggestion about being able to select the order the attacks show up.

However I know that you can choose to hide unarmed strike in the configure hero menu. It's toward the bottom with some other output selections.

But that might not be what you mean by, "...in the program itself."?

(upon reading this out loud to myself, I find a need to say that I intend no snark. I am *trying* to be helpful. Apologies if you take my tone to be other than it is.)
gypsyxot is offline   #125
Lord Magus

Old August 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyxot View Post
That sounds similar to my suggestion about being able to select the order the attacks show up.

However I know that you can choose to hide unarmed strike in the configure hero menu. It's toward the bottom with some other output selections.

But that might not be what you mean by, "...in the program itself."?

(upon reading this out loud to myself, I find a need to say that I intend no snark. I am *trying* to be helpful. Apologies if you take my tone to be other than it is.)
I think the option in the Configure Hero window apply only to output (to char sheet/whatever) rather than the program itself.

I think one of ShadowChemosh's adjustments can be used to do the trick, however. I just don't have a direct link to the relevant .user file at the moment; probably available in the HeroLab section of the d20pfsrd.com

Last edited by Lord Magus; August 11th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Lord Magus is offline   #126
Ogre92

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Several of my players had commented that they would like the option to either always see or be able to turn on the ability to see the formulas and what bonus are used to calculate all the derived stats. A small entry under each stat that shows all the pluses and negatives used to derive that entry would be awesome or maybe a separate tab you could go to and see that information. Sometimes the numbers don't come out like we expect them too and it would make figuring out why they are different a lot easier.

Anyone else interested in something like this?
Ogre92 is offline   #127
Mindcloud

Old August 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
One thing I have noticed in the past couple of years is that the interface needs some overhauls. Here are a couple of things that would make life easier.

HeroLab specific
  1. Lists: as the program has grown we have much longer lists that are quite frankly overwhelming and cumbersome.
    a. Provide filtering options for all lists. I have attached a mockup of how this might work.
    b. Have sortable columns. For spells it might have columns for “Spell Name”, “Spell Level”, and “School”. Furthermore if you did this you could put the filters in the column headers which would be more compact and elegant than my solution.
    c. “Type scrolling” as you start to type it moves to that entry on the list based on whatever column it currently sorted. For example if we have a list of spells and it is sorted alphabetically on spell names and I am searching for “identify”. I first type the letter “i” and it moves the list to spells starting with “i” if I then immediately type “d” it moves to spells that start with “id” etc.
    d. Search intelligence or Boolean search operations. I.e. School:Necromancy Not:Namecontains:inflict
  2. Interface resizing: Resizing and moving panels and windows is a must have in my opinion. A lot of information gets cut off with the default views being able to move resize or change the way certain panels display would be helpful (i.e. change the summery columns from columns to movable boxes. Maybe even make them rollup)
  3. Font and zoom: On modern displays both big and small it can be difficult to see large amount of information HeroLab displays. On my laptop with its 1920x1200 display everything is very small whereas on my netbook it is too big. Being able to zoom ala many modern web browsers Ctrl + or Ctrl – would be fantastic to make quick adjustments to see that one bit of info while I am GMing. But then to also be able to alter font types and sizes would be great to get that perfect comfort zone of use.
  4. Authoring wiki updates and pdf dumps. More more more examples on the authoring wiki.
  5. Tactical Display: it needs overhauling. It should be the one stop place for a GM to run encounters. I want to be able to click an attack on my Balor and have it roll attack and damage or a Will save. I don't always need or have access to tools like d20 pro to do this kind of thing. Aoe damage and heal would be good. popup a dialog with all of the characters in the portfolio and have a check box for weather the heal or damage applies.

Pathfinder/D20 specific
  1. Equipment panel: Over the lifetime of a character they can acquire a tremendous amount of equipment. Sorting this into containers would be helpful (I know you can put items in a container now). For example have it display like.
    Backpack 20 items @ 45lbs
    Bedroll 5lbs
    Water skin 2lbs
    Tome of unimaginable power 5lbs
    Ect.
    Belt Pouch 5 iems @ 2lbs
    Acid flask 0.5lbs
    3 potions of heal 1.5lbs
    Ect
    Once that is done you can have the option of minimizing the contents of a container to hide some of the clutter. I don’t need to see the 50 items in my bag of holding all of the time especially when I am looking for something in my belt pouch at the bottom of the list.
  2. 2. Panel sorting, searching, and filtering: Panels display a lot of info so being able to say sort my memorized spells or filter the list to only combat or evocation spells would be great.
  3. 3. Printing: First thank you Thank you for the custom output options! But if I want to print out a good old HeroLab character sheet I want the option to show all of the powers of my sword of doom or descriptions of my feats. I know you can display some of this now but it gets cut off. Some of us like 20 page long character sheets. 
  4. 4. Portfolios: The current spell book portfolio is helpful but I would like more for example equipment portfolio (sorted by container so I don’t have to guess what is in my backpack when my party mate burns it to a crisp with an Ill placed Fireball.) or a Feat and Special ability portfolio.
  5. 5. Alternate tool tips: put in an option in the settings menu so I can have tool tips popup to explain how a thing was calculated. For example a tool tip for AC “ 10 + 5 chain shirt + 2 Dex + 20 amulet of godhood -10 adjustment for tripping over my own two feet“ There has been several time that for the life of me I couldn’t figure how a number was calculated.
  6. 6. Skins: I would love to have a couple of skin selections. For example the D20 skin is a great night time skin I would love to be able to use that in pathfinder sometimes.
  7. 7. A Pathfinder API: essentially if you look at it from a certin perspective each Game system is an API on top of the core HeroLab Language. Having a concise updated set up documentation for macros features trick and tips would be much better than having to dig through 30 sets of update notes. You could also include a road map and known bug / unimplemented features (i.e. Summoner synthasist)

Whew that was long! But I just want to say thank you to you guys (Colen, Rob, Mathis) for a great program and great customer service. Now will you PLEASE! go approve my RealmWorks Beta application!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLmockup.jpg (129.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Mindcloud; August 13th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #128
thistledown

Old August 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmor View Post
Would like the devs to consider adding a new filter that would only show those items that you have enough gold for.

Example:

If time permits perhaps also adding all the categories to the dropdown list (dynamically populated).
I'd like this too. Maybe along with something to check for fame + gold as qualifiers for the affordable.
thistledown is offline   #129
Dark Lord Galen

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Colen and I were just discussing this capability last week. We nailed down a way to do this that should work extremely well. Now we just need to carve out the time to add the functionality. Our #1 priority for the next feature update is customizable output, so this probably won't make it into the very next release. However, the solution is mapped out and should definitely be added next year.
I am curious as to the status of this .. since it appears to have been posted several years ago and I havent seen any feature "add" as discussed
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #130
Closed Thread