Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Mr_Rose

Old October 28th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post
The War banner hs a points problem. It should be 35 points to take. It is currently only 25 points..Thx in advance!
I hope this isn't your idea of a "joke" - Read the FAQs; the war banner's point value is correct.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 28th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
I hope this isn't your idea of a "joke" - Read the FAQs; the war banner's point value is correct.
What he said and thanks!

It should also be noted that in "fixing" the save file issue with MBROs and Packmasters I made some changes that change the option for MBRO from an upgrade to an addition to the unit.
For the upgrade you have already paid the initial cost for the rat ogre so the upgrade would cost what is listed in the army book.
With the save file bug fix you are currently ADDING a whole new MBRO so you have to pay the initial cost for a new rat ogre and then have to pay the upgrade to MBRO cost hence the reason why it is calculating MBROs at said point cost.
Also please note that this also increases the total number of models in the unit as it is an addition to the unit and no longer an upgrade of an existing model (at least until I figure out how to keep the bug fix and get it back to an upgrade).
Yobtar is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately my "fix" of the save file bug with MBROs and Packmasters has actually created more problems than I noticed to begin with and without getting into details I am sad to say that I must revert the file to the way it was before with the save file bug still present.

However I have discovered what is causing the save file bug to happen and am asking for any assistance in fixing this bug as it does seem to be beyond my skills.
Here it is...
In the Skaven.dat file in the Size tab of the bskOgremas OPTION the Edit Size Limit Script reads

if (tagis[BSkavStuff.PackX?] <> 0) then
@minimum = 0
else
@minimum = 1
endif
@maximum = round(count[effective] / 2,0,-1) - tagcount[BSkavStuff.PackX?] + 1
@start = 1

The save file bug is being caused by the +1 in bold. this +1 enables packmasters to be half plus one of the unit size of the rat ogre unit they are in (so ROs/2 + 1 = number of packmasters allowed).

Can anyone please take a look at this and give me a fix to prevent the save file from loading up showing packmasters at 1 instead of how many you actually assign to the unit? I know it saves it correctly but when the army gets loaded from a save file it only has 1 packmaster and you have to add the number of packmasters back in.
Yobtar is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
morbid

Old October 29th, 2010, 08:25 AM
No, it was not a joke Because of the response though, i went and re-looked at the FAQ. I had missed the statment about using points from your army book over the main rulebook. Did not see at 1st because i was looking for something specific about the war banner. Now i am all clear on this issue
morbid is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid View Post
No, it was not a joke Because of the response though, i went and re-looked at the FAQ. I had missed the statment about using points from your army book over the main rulebook. Did not see at 1st because i was looking for something specific about the war banner. Now i am all clear on this issue
I think he was so blunt because there have been MANY MANY posts about the war banner points costs being incorrect for all armies all over the warhammer 8th ed forum.
Yobtar is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
morbid

Old October 29th, 2010, 07:34 PM
ah ok, this was my 1st post, so i never noticed. We are all good now
morbid is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Moshi_Kaminari

Old November 11th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but I keep getting the Biting Blade as 5 points when I attach on a character but the BRB says it is 10 points.
Moshi_Kaminari is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old November 11th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshi_Kaminari View Post
I don't know if it is just me, but I keep getting the Biting Blade as 5 points when I attach on a character but the BRB says it is 10 points.
Three posts up dude. Three.

Anyway; costs go as the Army book, per the FAQs.
Mr_Rose is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Kagejin

Old November 14th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Adding a fourth Rat Ogre to a unit of three Rat Ogres plus a Master Moulder will result in a Packmaster being added to the unit. This additional Packmaster cannot be removed. Adding additional Rat Ogres beyond four does not add additional Packmasters.
Kagejin is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old November 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagejin View Post
Adding a fourth Rat Ogre to a unit of three Rat Ogres plus a Master Moulder will result in a Packmaster being added to the unit. This additional Packmaster cannot be removed. Adding additional Rat Ogres beyond four does not add additional Packmasters.
After thinking I had the data file correct I reread the army list and understand what you are talking about.
The list says you start with Y packer and X ROs (im not providing details so as not to upset some people). It goes on to say you can add X number of ROs but does not say that you have to purchase Y packers per X ROs. It also says you can upgrade Z packer to a MM. The list doesnt carry a minimum requirement for packers other than the initial packer, which you can do whatever you want with, which is where the bug is coming from.
I am working on a fix at the moment that will hopefully still follow the rules for packers and not create more bugs. TBH the RO/GR + packer rules have me at a loss for how to code them into AB as they are pretty complex and I am not a prolific coder.
Yobtar is offline   #40 Reply With Quote