Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Valyar

Old December 22nd, 2018, 04:38 AM
Ninja update is rolled out - 248 and it is official. Haven't seen the black bar with yellow button "Update Available" for quite a while!!!

Realm Works® Version 1.0.1088.248
The following items are of special note to users:

NOTE! This release includes numerous changes that were introduced in builds 246 and 247, which were beta releases that many users may have skipped. Please see the release notes for those builds in addition to the notes for this build.
The following is a summary of the significant enhancements and new behaviors introduced in this release:
  • Smart images now support revealing and concealing polygons by clicking on a sequence of points on the image and clicking near the initial point to close the figure. The already existing “Reveal/Conceal Region” options have been renamed to “Reveal/Conceal Rectangle”, and the new “Reveal/Conceal Polygon” options are now available from the same menu.
  • The following minor enhancements and changes were introduced in this release:
  • When zooming in and out on smart images and pictures, Realm Works now keeps currently centered point on the image approximately centered until the zoom level precludes doing so, instead of drifting the image.
  • A button was added to the Home panel of the Launcher that opens up the RW Downloads web page where users can download content that’s been added to their account.
  • When scanning for tags, the “Only Tag Snippets” option was moved to be the first option and is selected by default. Additionally, the Escape key can now be used to close the dialog without making a selection.
  • The right-click context menu for outbound content links in the transitions pane for topics and articles now includes an option to remove all outbound links to the selected target from the current topic or article.
  • A “Snippet” section was added to the format ribbon containing two new buttons. The first button can be used to assign a snippet style to the snippet, and is equivalent to the existing option to assign a snippet style found in the snippet tools menu. The second button reformats all paragraphs in the currently selected control except the first to have “small” paragraph spacing above them.
  • The keyboard shortcuts <ctrl+0>, <ctrl+1>, and <ctrl+2> were assigned to the paragraph spacing buttons in the Styles section of the format ribbon.
  • Two buttons were added to the right side of the Styles section of the format ribbon. The first buttons indents paragraphs .2”. The second does the same thing but also inserts a bullet character and a space at the beginning of the paragraph.
  • The Realms panel on the Launcher now uses the same “natural sorting” used elsewhere in the product to sort the realms list, which properly recognizes numbers within the realm name and sorts the realms accordingly.
  • An info button was added next to the Cover Art in the Manage Exports dialog that explains its use.
  • The “Getting Started Topic or Article” label on the Manage Exports dialog was changed to “Starting Topic or Article After Import (for Sharing)” for clarity.
  • The “Manually Fix Up Links to Renamed Content…” menu item was added to the topic/article tools menu, which allows the user to reload the topic or article without automatic renaming applied to the matching links, and prompts the user to manually fix up these links via the Content Link Fixups dialog. Note that this menu option must be invoked prior to making any other changes to the topic or article. If the topic or article has been changed in some way and saved with the automatic renaming applied, the automatic renaming becomes permanent and cannot be reversed by this menu option.
  • The “Content Link Fixups” option in the Export section of the Share ribbon has been improved. The scanning operation is now cancellable, and now immediately prompts the user to fix up links in each topic or article with via the “Content Link Fixups” dialog instead of simply providing the user with a list of items with fixups.
  • When performing automatic link detection on imported content, creating links within the imported content no longer breaks the automatic update connection with the original content, allowing updates to the content to be imported without the “overwrite” option. However, if the original snippet containing the detected links has changed, the detected links will not be retained after import and will need to be detected again.
  • The following issues and problems were addressed in this release:
  • Fixed a crash with the error message “Index was outside the bounds of the array” that would occur when certain realms were loaded.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur under various circumstances when links were being validated, including switching quickly between different topics.
  • Fixed a bug where auto-accept links that were duplicates within a snippet would appear and then immediately disappear during link detection when the “Auto Ignore Duplicate Links” preference was enabled.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Last edited by Valyar; December 22nd, 2018 at 04:43 AM.
Valyar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 22nd, 2018, 05:34 AM
I'm traveling for the holiday, is this real?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old December 22nd, 2018, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I'm traveling for the holiday, is this real?
Absolutely real! Doing data upload now and exploring the new super convenient features implemented.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 22nd, 2018, 08:06 AM
"Index was outside the bounds of the array" error for my main realm.... Other realms are unaffected.

It may be time to rebuild it anyways as I have learned better approaches since I started down this journey many years ago, but I'd really like to be able to export pieces of it.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
McGray

Old December 22nd, 2018, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
"Index was outside the bounds of the array" error for my main realm.... Other realms are unaffected.

It may be time to rebuild it anyways as I have learned better approaches since I started down this journey many years ago, but I'd really like to be able to export pieces of it.
Yeah, exactly. With no other export option than the current one, this is a rather messy and cumbersome process. At least my realm has only text, which I can copy&paste into a OneNote file, but then I could also leave it there and work in OneNote... :/
McGray is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Horcoel

Old December 22nd, 2018, 09:26 AM
I cant update my version and because of that,i cant login too
*Cant even re-download from realmworks.net,web site also gives error

What should i do?

I dont see any planned downtime so...

Last edited by Horcoel; December 22nd, 2018 at 09:30 AM.
Horcoel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old December 22nd, 2018, 09:32 AM
I'm having issues too. I can log in and can only run in off-line mode so far today. Hopefully, it is just a minor server issue. The same thing happened to me two weeks ago when we last played but it started connecting about an hour before the game so I could at least synchronize to my laptop.
Gord is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 22nd, 2018, 10:46 AM
Community hit up BJ via Facrbook (who's on holidays). She has confirmed devs are aware and working on the server issues already.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Servers are back up

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old December 22nd, 2018, 01:58 PM
Special Thanks for the "reveal by polygon" and snippets styles in ribbons!

I love those!
Merion is offline   #10 Reply With Quote