Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

SAbel

Old January 1st, 2017, 09:02 AM
Hey if you know of something missing from the 4E HL files please let us/me know here so we can fix it (attempt)

Thanks Sean

PS dont forget we are also @ http://hl4e.cryptoknight.org
SAbel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:46 AM
We've been fixing/adding things as we hit them, but I don't know if there's a master list. Paragon would know.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old January 3rd, 2017, 05:41 PM
A master list is a good Idea or something to track so people can say fixed or hey I can work on that.
SAbel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 4th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, while I've got a list of what all I worked on, I didn't note what exactly I did to them. A lot of them were just setting them up to enforce prereqs and the like, though. There are also cases where I half-fixed them (i.e. there was more than one problem, but I was only able to fix one of them).
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old January 6th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Maybe we could make a spreadsheet that list all the classes then list as working or not, from there we could start to check out powers. Fixing what we can. What do you guys think?
SAbel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 8th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I haven't actually checked the classes per se, but most of them prior to Essentials some broadly functional, and the earlier Essentials ones. Once you hit the last few Essentials books its a different story though; the Vampire is not supported at all, for example, as are a couple others.

But when you get into powers and feats its kind of a mess, again getting worse the later in publication you get.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old January 14th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Starting with the class list is a good idea. Yes, most of them are functional, but some are still missing (and some are only there if you have a patch, or require a patch for certain parts to work properly).

In the spirit of just getting a thing done, here's a GoogleDocs sheet with the state of classes, as I observe them in my version:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(I'm not familiar with individual quirks/bugs in a lot of these classes, especially the hybrids. If you know something, please add!)

Feel free to add, comment and contribute (or steal wholesale and put somewhere more useful, if needs be). Add new sheets if you want to put in things other than classes. Basically, if it can be useful, go for it!

It should be open for anybody to edit - I don't think we're gonna have anybopdy mess with it, but if somebody wants to ruin the party we can deal with that when we get to it.

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 15th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Hurm. The problem I can see is that class repair is a much more extensive job than fixing individual powers, feats and items, so if one starts at that end, its probable a lot of the latter will never get done at all. At least that's how it seems to me.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old January 15th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Hurm. The problem I can see is that class repair is a much more extensive job than fixing individual powers, feats and items, so if one starts at that end, its probable a lot of the latter will never get done at all. At least that's how it seems to me.
I'm thinking, the silver lining there is that implementing the classes (fixing only feature powers) is sometimes not that big a task. In my experience, most components have been retrieved by the downloader and just need a class to tie them together (notwithstanding the occasional difficult to implement class feature).

Hybrids, of course, are a much messier job. I wouldn't prioritise them before power fixes, certainly.

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old January 16th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I think that's far less true of Essentials period classes, which tend to have less options and more class-specific features, since they were a partial return to the 3e era approach.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote