Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zandraxon

Old September 25th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as my first game using Realm Works is tomorrow afternoon and I'm eager to get this.

I have my PC where I do all my work, and when I test player view, and show an NPC the ellipsis tags appear. For example "Race: Human" shows up as expected.

I have my laptop that I'm taking to the game, with a 2nd monitor. On THAT instance of RW, it appears as "Race: " and Human doesn't appear! This is the case for EVERY NPC!!! If I annotate the tag, THAT shows up, but the ellipsis tag does not.

I'm guessing there is some setting I triggered on my PC that I haven't found on my laptop.

Help?
zandraxon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 26th, 2015, 12:23 AM
OK - the stupid question first...

Did you synch between the two machines after making the changes?

Just tested it and it works here.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old September 26th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Yup... all sync'ed up on both machines. It isn't when things change, it is the WHOLE DATABASE. EVERY entry... the pre-saved "click in the box and select a tag" part isn't showing up.
zandraxon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old September 26th, 2015, 09:43 AM
OK - then I misunderstood your problem at first.

Obviously, this is not the way it should be.

One thing that you start by doing is to backup your realms (ie. database). This can be done by going to Tools on the starting screen (before you enter a realm) and select Backup database.

Do this every once in a while. As with anything computer based there is a risk that something goes haywire - and not necessarily with RW.

If possible, keep your database backups on another media (a different harddrive, a different computer, you get the idea).

When that is done and you have a backup to fall back on, then open your realm (the one playing dofus with you) and go to the Manage tab.

Click on the Rebuild Index in the ribbon.

Now, understand that I don't know if this will do the trick at all but it just might.

If things gets even worse after that (I can't see why they should), then you have the database backup to fall back on.

If the Rebuild Index doesn't do the trick, send in a bug report - LWD are very good at getting back to you very quickly.

Oh, I forgot - Best of luck!

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandraxon View Post
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as my first game using Realm Works is tomorrow afternoon and I'm eager to get this.

I have my PC where I do all my work, and when I test player view, and show an NPC the ellipsis tags appear. For example "Race: Human" shows up as expected.

I have my laptop that I'm taking to the game, with a 2nd monitor. On THAT instance of RW, it appears as "Race: " and Human doesn't appear! This is the case for EVERY NPC!!! If I annotate the tag, THAT shows up, but the ellipsis tag does not.

I'm guessing there is some setting I triggered on my PC that I haven't found on my laptop.

Help?
You are logging in as the same user on both machines? I think it would help me if I saw screen shots of the two machines as I'm not quite sure I'm following what is the problem and a picture is worth a thousand words...
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old September 27th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
You are logging in as the same user on both machines? I think it would help me if I saw screen shots of the two machines as I'm not quite sure I'm following what is the problem and a picture is worth a thousand words...
I have attached a file with pictures and text detailing the issue. Thanks for your help...

My guess is that I hit some setting on my PC that I need to do the same on my laptop?
Attached Images
File Type: png RW Problem.png (257.5 KB, 24 views)
zandraxon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 27th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I'll take a weird stab: does your laptop have a different DPI scaling or text size setting from your desktop? (They're in the Display Control Panel and look slightly different in all of the post-XP versions of Windows.)

Last edited by Parody; September 27th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zandraxon

Old September 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM
My PC is Win7 and my laptop is still XP. Maybe it's time to let the little Win10 icon do it's stuff? Does RW work on Win10?
zandraxon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old September 27th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Does RW work on Win10?
RW works just fine on Win 10. It was the least of the problems I had upgrading.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 27th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Quote:
My PC is Win7 and my laptop is still XP. Maybe it's time to let the little Win10 icon do it's stuff? Does RW work on Win10?
That's the missing info: I see the same thing in XP with default display settings.

Upgrading your Windows 7 machine to 10 won't help you, but upgrading your XP machine to anything newer would. (As would LWD fixing the issue.)

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote