Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sentinalblade

Old February 15th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Ive been using hero lab for a long time now. I have become increasingly frustrated with it recently, but this last project has me at my wits end.

I spent two weeks trying to edit some XLS into a working character sheet. But i dont know the first step apparently, as over the entire week absolutely NOTHING i did could get the print to change. I'll add in code for gear descriptions, magic item descriptions, feat descriptions, but literally, the page remains the same. Its become a detriment that my players cannot see the items "custom" for our campaign, whenever they need to.

I find it absurd that its not an option for the d20 system, and all the custom sheets where that is a thing, are for pathfinder. And those are even from years ago.

I dont know what im doing wrong. i cant even get my changes to appear to tell if im doing it right.

Im using Oxygen, and ive legit tried to code it with the wiki's help, albiet while hacking apart the standard sheets.

P.S. While im at it, i loaded up the pathfinder sheets i am talking about and i cant get them to work in herolab either.
Sentinalblade is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 19th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I don't know anything about making custom sheets, which I think maybe is what you are trying to do. That said, it may not be anything you are doing specifically. What is not getting printed that you are trying to print? Most things do appear in the printed version, but there are also some bugs I think.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 19th, 2015, 06:19 PM
It sounds like your not looking for the sheets in the right location. To print a custom sheet you go to "File->Save Custom Output...". The file location on windows would be "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\customoutput\d20".

Is this where you are changing files? Custom sheets are all HTML not "PDF".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 29th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Shadow, I think (dangerous here) that what Sentinalblade is looking for is for HL to simply print the basic sheet with the choice of including the gear & item descriptors by selecting a pick box (similar to what is currently offered by selecting spell descriptors, or journals) and not having to export them and then having the user be proficient with HTML coding.

I have wondered this myself. The descriptions show up in the mouse overs, but the only way ( I see) to get them is to export them. Having the descriptions of custom items in the default sheet seems a pretty easy task from the HL developer end.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I have wondered this myself. The descriptions show up in the mouse overs, but the only way ( I see) to get them is to export them. Having the descriptions of custom items in the default sheet seems a pretty easy task from the HL developer end.
I have looked once so far at the built in sheet and it uses ALL custom logic. Meaning it is not something I am remotely familiar with when compared to other parts of HL.

If I had lots of experience with the built in sheet logic yea I am sure its easy to add. As I am starting from scratch with no experience it was not looking that easy at all. So I have to go with do I spend a month+ learning it? Or do I work on other areas of d20 instead that I have experience and exposure too?

Now compare it to the idea of we have Custom sheets and even some of the Custom Pathfinder sheets work 85% for d20. So for now I was leaving that area alone...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 29th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Or do I work on other areas of d20 instead that I have experience and exposure too?

Now compare it to the idea of we have Custom sheets and even some of the Custom Pathfinder sheets work 85% for d20. So for now I was leaving that area alone...
Oh I get it and agree.. its not your place or expertise, not sure if its even Arron (Lawful G). Pretty sure Rob has that expertise, but we all know where those commitments are currently focused.
If I had the access I would certainly make the attempt and share the results, but that's not likely to occur.
So we wait....
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 2nd, 2015, 01:54 AM
I am afraid custom sheets are also a subject I am unfamiliar with, sorry!
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 2nd, 2015, 05:37 AM
No prob LG
Thanks for follow thru
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
LordSmack

Old April 19th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Has anyone added this yet?
LordSmack is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 24th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSmack View Post
Has anyone added this yet?
This is what?

1) A custom sheet for d20? I don't think anyone has done one or if they did they have not shared with the community.

2) Has the HL software been changed to print full Description text for Things? Not yet but printing will be one of my new focuses "soon" (soon still could mean many months).

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote