Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2014, 08:40 AM
First off, the power uses AtkDiffDC, something which I've called out before as potentially problematic due to how it and AtkDiffAtk only have correct values when there's a tradeoff going on. So, in my case, I've got a PL 8 character with a +5 melee attack and a stun gun (DC 17 Fortitude) and 2 ranks of Favored Opponent. By iteself, that gives me an atkDiffDC of -1 (1 below PL) and atkDiffAtk of -3. Makes sense since my attack bonus is 3 below my PL and the Fortitude DC is 1 below PL. Except that the code for Favored Opponent adds 2 to the atkDiffDC and gets a value above 0 and panics. My immediate response was to try subtracting atkDiffAtk from atkDiffDC, add the bonus, and then check to see if adding Favored Opponent would work. That works for this attack, but fails when I have an accuracy-shifted attack. For example, his assault rifle attack is at a +9 attack bonus and +5 damage. This gives me an atkDiffAtk of -2 (!) and an atkDiffDC of -3, which means Hero Lab would let me have five ranks of Favored Opponent without complaining about going over PL. I finally got it working by calculating the shift to work by adding the atkAttack, the atkDC, and the number of ranks in the feat and then subtracting the atkDCBase and the hero's PL * 2. That one still causes slight issues in that Area and Perception attacks will start to raise flags because they still use the attack bonus, but if you use the fix in the linked bit by Woodclaw to set those up to just check against PL (assuming they're general and not targetted), then you're good.

Sorry, that got a bit long-winded. Second problem is a small typographical one. Currently, the evaluation message comes out as something like "Damage Bonus exceeds PL limit:Assault Rifle by1". There's a missing space.

Third, the feat calls out adding to damage in Rules As Written, but the current code flags things like the Stun Gun that have a Fortitude save. I know different GMs handle that one differently, so that may or may not be a bug.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote