Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hooly

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:22 AM
Hello All,

I have recently discovered that one of my players has been collecting equipment - A LOT OF EQUIPMENT - but has been moving normally. I then checked his character (visually) and saw that his encumbrance is normal.

So after a few checks, it would appear that the Pouch Belt, Sack and Backpacks in Herolab can take an unlimited amount of gear. Are there any plans for this to change?

Also, I can't find anything OFFICIAL regarding how much Bags, Pouch belts, etc can carry. I found the "Masterwork Backpack" in the APG, but little else. Any assistance would be great on that front too.

Perhaps Ultimate Equipment will answer all my questions...MAYBE!
hooly is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 2nd, 2012, 02:51 AM
They can take an unlimited amount of gear (at present), but that gear should still be adding to the encumbrance on the character - they do on all of my characters, at least. Did you check to see if he's using the "Dropped to Ground" container as well? This would keep the gear on his sheet, but would eliminate the weight of anything he's "dropped."
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
hooly

Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:31 AM
Its exactly what is happening. Either way I think I found the answer in D&D 3.0 (of all places). Just wish Herolab has this as an inbuilt thing. Also wish it had a better way to display equipment.
hooly is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
freeAgent

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah, you just need to make sure they're wearing their backpacks. It's similar to armor not affecting AC, etc. unless it's marked as being worn.

A quick check on d20pfsrd shows that backpacks should max out at 60lbs of gear. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---...e#TOC-Backpack
freeAgent is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
That linked webpage says it's source is the core rulebook, but I can't find any text entry for backpack (other than price and weight in the table) in my pdf of the core rulebook, so I'm not sure it is correct.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
The capacities were left out of the 3.0 --> 3.5 conversion by WotC, and so are not in the revised SRD that Pathfinder is based on.

The page on d20PFSRD is using the figures from the 3.0 Players Handbook and SRD.

Honestly, I would watch for Ultimate Equipment. This has been mentioned to Paizo many times as a gap, and that would be a great opportunity to fix that issue.
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
I guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
hooly

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM
And of course Ultimate Equipment says NOTHING about containers. <sigh!>
hooly is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old August 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooly View Post
And of course Ultimate Equipment says NOTHING about containers. <sigh!>
2 cubic feet for a backpack, according to Ultimate Equipment.
Unseelie is offline   #9 Reply With Quote