Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old October 20th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Ok it looks like Supernatural Abilities have to have uses for them to show up in the In-Play tab. So a constant (Su) has to show in the Spell tab. But it has to have the (Sp) tag to show there. So it looks like those will require custdesc to clarify them.

Last edited by Bloodwolf; October 20th, 2020 at 03:48 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1051 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 21st, 2020, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok it looks like Supernatural Abilities have to have uses for them to show up in the In-Play tab. So a constant (Su) has to show in the Spell tab. But it has to have the (Sp) tag to show there. So it looks like those will require custdesc to clarify them.
You shouldn't need both the (Su) tag and (Sp) tag. You do need the Usage tag though. And if the usage has a limit, then you also need to fill in the field hTotal.
Sendric is online now   #1052 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 21st, 2020, 06:16 AM
Pretty sure I tried taking out the (Sp) tag and it would not show in the Spell tab. But I'll check again after work.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1053 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 21st, 2020, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Pretty sure I tried taking out the (Sp) tag and it would not show in the Spell tab. But I'll check again after work.
Sorry. Yes, the (Sp) tag will put it in the Spells tab. If you want it in the In-Play tab you have to use another tag or no tag at all. A supernatural ability, even one that mimics a spell, could be in the In-Play tab.

Incidentally, there's a Usage tag for constant (Usage.Constant)
Sendric is online now   #1054 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 21st, 2020, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Sorry. Yes, the (Sp) tag will put it in the Spells tab. If you want it in the In-Play tab you have to use another tag or no tag at all. A supernatural ability, even one that mimics a spell, could be in the In-Play tab.

Incidentally, there's a Usage tag for constant (Usage.Constant)
Yeah I used that tag for the True Seeing in the Spell tab and it works fine there. The problem is for something to display on the In-Play tab it has to have an hTotal value of 1 or higher. I just tried "-" and "0" and as soon as I use either of those it disappears from the In-Play tab.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1055 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 24th, 2020, 11:47 PM
Also I want to start doing some clean up and polishing to the dragons and abilities. Which means that I need to fix a couple things with the base Type - Dragon entry. For example all of items bootstrapped to the Keep Senses group need to have the (Ex) tag added to them. The Keen Senses has it but each item bootstrapped to it doesn't. I'll let you know what all I plan on fixing.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1056 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 25th, 2020, 08:46 AM
So say Item A is bootstrapped to Item B and Item B is bootstrapped to Item C. Is there a way to add a tag to Item A in Item C?

To be more specific to the current issue. Immune to Paralysis is bootstrapped to Type - Dragon. Type - Dragon is bootstrapped to say Black Dragon. Immune to Paralysis is supposed to be an (Ex) ability but is not. I have to change the Black Dragon anyway so is there anyway to add the (Ex) ability type to Immune to Paralysis from the Black Dragon entry?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1057 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 26th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote:
So say Item A is bootstrapped to Item B and Item B is bootstrapped to Item C. Is there a way to add a tag to Item A in Item C?

To be more specific to the current issue. Immune to Paralysis is bootstrapped to Type - Dragon. Type - Dragon is bootstrapped to say Black Dragon. Immune to Paralysis is supposed to be an (Ex) ability but is not. I have to change the Black Dragon anyway so is there anyway to add the (Ex) ability type to Immune to Paralysis from the Black Dragon entry?
You can always use a script to apply a tag.

Any reason you can't just apply the tag to the bootstrap from Type - Dragon though? Seems to me that it should be tagged the same for all dragons.

If the above isn't sufficient, there is a way to do what you're asking. You apply the tag to Type - Dragon then write a script on either Type - Dragon or Immune to Paralysis using pull/pushtags. I don't have the exact code needed here, and it would depend on where you're putting it anyway. The above solution is certainly easier at any rate.

Last edited by Sendric; October 26th, 2020 at 09:22 AM.
Sendric is online now   #1058 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 26th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
You can always use a script to apply a tag.

Any reason you can't just apply the tag to the bootstrap from Type - Dragon though? Seems to me that it should be tagged the same for all dragons.

If the above isn't sufficient, there is a way to do what you're asking. You apply the tag to Type - Dragon then write a script on either Type - Dragon or Immune to Paralysis using pull/pushtags. I don't have the exact code needed here, and it would depend on where you're putting it anyway. The above solution is certainly easier at any rate.
Oh yeah changing the Type - Dragon entry would be the easiest but I wasn't sure how many of the entries that have already been created you want me to mess with. I've been doing my best to only change the actual dragon entries themselves up till now.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1059 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old October 26th, 2020, 07:38 PM
Since Spell Resistance is not something that I've been able to find as a bootstrap I can't find where to add the tag. So it might have to be scripted.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1060 Reply With Quote