Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

HoldenA

Old March 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Alright, so I've run into something that has popped up and then went away a lot (and it's popped up for army bilder too by the way). Sometimes when I print out my character sheets the circles come out all funky. Instead of a bunch of circles, some filled in some not, I get a black bar in that space, with white outlines where the unfilled circles will be.

Genereally I've made this issue go away by re-booting my system, but for some reason I'm getting it A LOT. Does this sound like something wrong my end?
HoldenA is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM
That's really strange. What version of Windows are you running? And how much RAM do you have on the computer? This sounds like it could be something with Windows resources on an older system with an old version of Windows, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you're running and I can discuss this with Colen - he's more familiar with that stuff.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old March 7th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it's wondows xp... not sure of the ram, but I will find out. I'm computer savy enough to use programs but not really enough to do anyhting with hardware (such as something as simple as knowing how much ram I have...)
HoldenA is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old March 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM
What fonts does HL use, it almost sounds like it's a corrupt font/substituting fonts when it shouldn't be.
krathen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM
The circles are bitmaps.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old March 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I figured it had something to do with the circles (and unit types in Army Builder) being images and not fonts, cause it's only ever them that gets all messed up.
HoldenA is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM
That sounds really weird - if you can fix the problem by rebooting, that suggests that there's an issue with your printer driver. Hero Lab and Army Builder draw their bitmaps in a pretty standard way, so they shouldn't suddenly start drawing black bars everywhere; if restarting the program doesn't fix it, that points to one of two problems that I can think of:

1) Your printer driver is buggy - try grabbing the latest version of the driver from your printer manufacturer's web site

2) Some other program is doing something strange - Hero Lab & Army Builder work fine until that program runs, then the other program messes up printing in some way, and HL / AB start having problems after that.

Does the problem persist if you update your printer drivers to the latest version? And do you get this strange behaviour in the print preview window, or just on the physical printout?
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old March 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM
It's just the physical print out, not the print preview. I'll try updating the printer tonight and test it out.

- Edit -

I updated my drivers. But it was sometimes a few days or weeks between the error happening. If it happens again I'll be sure to post.

Last edited by HoldenA; March 12th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.
HoldenA is offline   #18 Reply With Quote