Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silee

Old April 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hi, unfortunately I found out about the kickstarter too late and have to wait for the public release of Realm Works. In the meantime, I'm looking for something to help me organize information for the Rise of the Runelords adventure path for Pathfinder and I'm looking for software with similar functionality as Realm Works. Would something like Tomboy notes be useful? I've looked at OneNote and it doesn't have autolinking like Realm Works or Tomboy. Any suggestions?
silee is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SteveTownsend

Old April 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder, people are very helpful and a bigger audience there than here.
SteveTownsend is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silee View Post
Hi, unfortunately I found out about the kickstarter too late and have to wait for the public release of Realm Works. In the meantime, I'm looking for something to help me organize information for the Rise of the Runelords adventure path for Pathfinder and I'm looking for software with similar functionality as Realm Works. Would something like Tomboy notes be useful? I've looked at OneNote and it doesn't have autolinking like Realm Works or Tomboy. Any suggestions?
I currently use MyInfo. Tree-like information, no autolinking, but then again, I'm waiting for Realm Works for a reason. If I were in your shoes, I'd pick something that would just help you get your information in one place and then wait for release. Then again, you're not in my shoes, and I'm not letting you borrow them either.
weogarth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ermintrude

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I use Evernote, but as weogarth says - I'm waiting for Realm Works for a reason.
Ermintrude is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tzurah

Old April 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I used to use The Keep. It was all bare bones and at first I found it really useful, but it has never had an update and personally I consider it overpriced for what it offers. It worked, but I'm waiting for Realm Works for a reason too.
Tzurah is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
noobiegameplayer

Old May 31st, 2013, 02:24 AM
I used to keep all my info in an Access Database (you can link / embed in that), but it is VERY hard work, and I'm forever adding new tables ...

I'm also waiting on Realm Works for a reason ...
noobiegameplayer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old May 31st, 2013, 03:48 AM
Johnn Four came out with a series of 16 vids on organizing campaign information with MyInfo (what I currently use). I'm only on 2, but I can already tell it's going to help.

It'll make it easier moving it to RW, at least that's the theory.
weogarth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM
I was originally going to use spreadsheets with hyperlinks to other spreadsheets to organize stuff, then thought about a wiki, and that's when I stumbled upon Realm Works...

I'm also waiting on Realm Works for a reason!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jrandom

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Johnn Four came out with a series of 16 vids on organizing campaign information with MyInfo (what I currently use). I'm only on 2, but I can already tell it's going to help.

It'll make it easier moving it to RW, at least that's the theory.
How do you watch these videos?
Jrandom is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrandom View Post
How do you watch these videos?
He had posted a link in his Roleplaying TIps #579

The link to that newsletter is http://www.roleplayingtips.com/ I highly recommend it.

The link to the course is:
http://www.roleplayingtips.com/myinfo-course-signup/
weogarth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote