Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old June 30th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmac View Post
II reported it as a bug.
Looks like Olmac did.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 30th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Looks like Olmac did.
You guess.

The point is REPORT BUGS in the correct place and they get fixed. Writing a forum post with +1 or me too does not let LW track the issue.

Lots of people are afraid to report a bug. This is the exact opposite that LW wants. If you all have this issue REPORT IT then you are 100% sure it will get fixed.

Otherwise you are just ASSUMING someone reported. We all know what happens when you assume.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 30th, 2017, 05:33 PM
The other aspect to Shadow's point is.. the more people who report a bug, the more of a priority fixing it becomes. The bug tracker helps them know how many people are affected... "+1" or "me, too" in forum posts doesn't. At best, they'd have to look for those posts and count them.. and that's time NOT spent fixing things or making new things, so it is not something they will do.
Silveras is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old July 1st, 2017, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmac View Post
I am having the same issue. I reported it as a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Nothing in this thread makes me think anyone actually reported this bug. Fourm posts are not bug reports.
Quote:
Thank you for reporting this issue. This will be fixed in the next update.

--
Mathias Gehl
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com http://www.wolflair.com

Tip: Is Hero Lab / Army Builder regularly going into demo mode? Make sure each of your computers is using a *different* license number. Each computer needs its own license number to run properly - you can activate your free secondary license from the License menu, then use your new license number on your second computer to get up and running.

-----Original Message-----
Reply-To: "clarke" <clarke>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 23:27:51 +0000
To: "support@wolflair.com" <support@wolflair.com>
Subject: Pathfinder bug report: Invalid channel feat despite being able to channel

>I have an oracle with the life mystery. I have taken channel as a
>revelation. My feat of selected channel is reporting as invalid saying
>I have to be able to channel. I am sure this was not the case prior to
>the last update.
As you can clearly see, I reported it properly on June 9th as I said I did. I also got an email saying that my report was received and will be addressed in the next update. I like and appreciate the effort you put into Hero Lab for the Pathfinder community but hate the fact you doubted my ability to properly report a bug.

[sarcasm]Thank you for assuming.[/sarcasm]
Olmac is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 1st, 2017, 10:18 AM
Olmac, odds are he just missed that single line. Dealing with the volume of issues that Shadow deals will encouraging multiple people to report the same issue isnt a bad thing.
Minous is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 1st, 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Olmac, odds are he just missed that single line. Dealing with the volume of issues that Shadow deals will encouraging multiple people to report the same issue isnt a bad thing.
Thank you. Yes I missed the one line. Even if I "had" seen my answer would be the same. REPORT THE BUG. Do not post in the forums about it.

The issue is as I mentioned as I DO SEE IT ALLOT. Is people post in the forums and never actually report the bugs. I have seen issues mentioned in the forums multiple times. I have asked people "personally" to report a bug to LW especially about Psionics. I then put in a bug report and get told by LW that we never saw or knew about that issue. *Face Palm*.

@Olmac I am sorry if you feel I offended you somehow. Not at all my intent as I barely even notice who was talking in this thread. No matter who it was my answer would have been the same. STOP posting in the forums and put in a bug report.

I am so totally lost why people are getting pissed off to at being told to put in a bug report. Seriously does it hurt people? Does it cost money? Do you get embarrassed if LW says "Thanks we will fix that" or "Its already reported and its already fixed".

Please explain it to me cause I don't get it at all....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 1st, 2017, 10:42 AM
The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW. I dont understand either about people getting upset.

Would be nice if we could publicly view the bug tracker, but nothing is perfect.
Minous is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Olmac

Old July 1st, 2017, 11:07 AM
Quote:
The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW.

Would be nice if we could publicly view the bug tracker, but nothing is perfect.
↑ This ↑
Olmac is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 2nd, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
The only time I post to the forum is to verify that something is a bug and not me just being an idiot. Because of the complexity of the rules getting a second opinion/verification that it is in fact a LW issue and not me just being stupid, I always forward them to LW. I dont understand either about people getting upset.

It is something of a double-edged blade, though...

Reporting the bug "properly" ensures that it gets on the internal tracker. More people reporting it helps to gauge the impact on the community as a whole. There are bugs I have reported that are languishing 2+ years later... perhaps because no one else has reported them, they are not seen as impacting enough people to be worth the effort to fixing when there are other bugs that help more people with less effort. By seeing a post in the forums, do more people assume they do not need to report the bug? There may be that kind of impact as well.

At the same time, LWD has asked people to report the bugs in the tracker even when not sure.. because it is easy for them to miss a forum post. Yet, sometimes they still acknowledge forum posts and say that it will be fixed. I think that undercuts the message to use the bug report system.
Silveras is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 2nd, 2017, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
It is something of a double-edged blade, though...

Reporting the bug "properly" ensures that it gets on the internal tracker. More people reporting it helps to gauge the impact on the community as a whole. There are bugs I have reported that are languishing 2+ years later... perhaps because no one else has reported them, they are not seen as impacting enough people to be worth the effort to fixing when there are other bugs that help more people with less effort. By seeing a post in the forums, do more people assume they do not need to report the bug? There may be that kind of impact as well.

At the same time, LWD has asked people to report the bugs in the tracker even when not sure.. because it is easy for them to miss a forum post. Yet, sometimes they still acknowledge forum posts and say that it will be fixed. I think that undercuts the message to use the bug report system.
Thank you!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote