Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dan93

Old April 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Hello.

I'm new here and have tried to look around but can't seem to find an answer. If I missed it, please be gentle

I have purchased all packages for the Pathfinder system and when I open Hero Lab, I see that all the APs are available to check. I am currently running Legacy of Fire so I checked that. But I can't figure out what checking that actually does. Can anyone please explain to me what it does please?

I was trying to create an NPC for Coffer Corpse but it wasn't in there. So I checked LoF thinking it would come up but it still didn't. I saw in another post that creatures were put up on D20 sight and I thank those people who have done so. Helped me a lot. But I am still unclear what happens when you put a check next to an AP.

Thanks.
dan93 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Generally, that makes the things a PC would use available.. feats, magic items, traits, and that sort of thing.

The monsters have not been done, to my knowledge, as part of the AP packages, which is why there are community versions of them on the d20pfsrd site. That may change now that Lone Wolf has "caught up" with the Bestiary entries for variant creatures (which were missing from the Bestiary packages), but that is only a guess on my part.

Edit: There was talk a while back about negotiations between Lone Wolf and FGG for a Tome of Horrors Complete package. There has not been an update in a while since then, so I do not know if that is ongoing still, or whether there will soon be a Tome of Horrors package for official support. The Paizo staff makes frequent use of the Tome of Horrors monsters, so that would be useful. The Advanced Bestiary is another source that Paizo uses often for which there is no official HeroLab support at this time.

Last edited by Silveras; April 8th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Silveras is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
dan93

Old April 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Thank you very much. I thought it might have been for monsters too. But that makes sense. I have not tried to create a pc in the adventure path yet so that explains it.
dan93 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote