Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Minous

Old May 18th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Thanks that makes a lot of progress. Two things I have left on this issue then. 1) Im getting a validation error "Starting spell books can only be added to characters who are storing spells in gear Spellbooks" 2) is it possible to only have the books with unique entries (IE once its added to the book the spell is removed from the list of available spells)?

PS Will you be at GenCon?
Minous is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 09:05 AM
1) "Starting spellbooks may only be added to characters who are storing spells in gear spellbooks."? That means your character has somehow set the tCharSpHld field to non-zero. Try adding a level of wizard, click the spellbook button on its class tab, then the options button, and uncheck the box there.

2) Afraid not.

I should be at GenCon this year, afaik.
Aaron is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 18th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
1) "Starting spellbooks may only be added to characters who are storing spells in gear spellbooks."? That means your character has somehow set the tCharSpHld field to non-zero. Try adding a level of wizard, click the spellbook button on its class tab, then the options button, and uncheck the box there.

2) Afraid not.

I should be at GenCon this year, afaik.
Thanks 1 worked. Dam having it work like a sorcerer's spell list (IE not being able to add duplicates) would have been very useful.

How do you prefer your bribes? Helpfulness is always appreciated
Minous is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Thanks 1 worked. Dam having it work like a sorcerer's spell list (IE not being able to add duplicates) would have been very useful.

How do you prefer your bribes? Helpfulness is always appreciated
We usually have a semi-official hangout in a bar open to the public the evening of the 1st or 2nd day. Check with BJ for the details. I don't drink alcohol, but if you showed up there I wouldn't say no to a hot cocoa or a sandwich.
Aaron is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Dam having it work like a sorcerer's spell list (IE not being able to add duplicates) would have been very useful.
On second consideration, there might be a way to do this in a clunky way (by foreaching through all spells in the book already and then modifying the candidate expression for the table to exclude those present), but I am afraid it would break down once you hit a certain number of spells (the field which stores the candidate expression has a limited length, and excluding each individual spell will eat that up quick). I take it each of these spellbooks are going to contain a lot of spells?
Aaron is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Hmm, I put in a debug to see how many characters a standard cleric uses in the candidate expression field, which is 156. Then I looked at the field, which says it can store 5000. So assuming the unique IDs of each spell tag is about 20 characters, you could fit maybe 200 spells before the thing hit the limit and errored out.
Aaron is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 18th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
We usually have a semi-official hangout in a bar open to the public the evening of the 1st or 2nd day. Check with BJ for the details. I don't drink alcohol, but if you showed up there I wouldn't say no to a hot cocoa or a sandwich.
Alcohol might be the most commonly used bribe, but for those who utilize this tactic we actually prefer higher brow options.

another thought would be to add a tag to each spell already in the spell book, and then have the candidate expression exclude spells with a given tag.
Minous is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Another thought would be to add a tag to each spell already in the spell book, and then have the candidate expression exclude spells with a given tag.
Unfortunately, that won't work because the candidate expression operates on things, not picks. For something to be excluded, the tag would have to be one it was created with.
Aaron is offline   #38 Reply With Quote