Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old February 14th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Yeah, its not the first time I've had things that were outside the normal advancement schemata come up; I usually ended up faking them with virtual "equipment" which I was considering doing here. I just wasn't sure how.

This is just another one of the places where the fact that SW considers advancement in a way more than a little different that it does character building is not helpful; were it a pure build system I suspect this would be a lot easier.

I'll give your approach a try when I get a little time, CC. Thanks for the help from all three of you, as always.
Paragon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 14th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Well, we have to deal with the fact that the advancement system works completely differently than the character creation system. It's the way Savage Worlds is designed.

_
Currently Running: Savage Worlds (Fantasy), Savage Galaxy Rangers, Pathfinder (Way of the Wicked)
Currently Playing: Pathfinder (Kingmaker - it's good to be the King), Savage Wearing the Cape
Prepping for Gamestorm: Savage Worlds
CapedCrusader is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 14th, 2017, 04:35 PM
The above works if they can be taken multiple times. If they can only be taken once, add this into the thing id part, before the >

Code:
uniqueness="unique"

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old February 15th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Yeah, its not the only place where SW's set-up here creates artifacts in some cases. I bet whoever did the HL file I've heard is out there for Accursed had just piles of fun...
Paragon is offline   #14 Reply With Quote