Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

kouen922

Old August 19th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Hello, I've wanted to start playing 4e again, but I've noticed that the two dragonborn subraces aren't listed as options for character races. This seems like a real oversight, as both subraces are useful options for many character builds. Has anyone made them as options that can be imported into HeroLab, or do I have to make them from scratch?
kouen922 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
The 4e files are not complete, and the farther along one gets in the lifespan of 4e, the more likely something is to be missing. Since those came from a late Dragon Magazine article, I suspect they never got implemented.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kouen922

Old August 21st, 2016, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
The 4e files are not complete, and the farther along one gets in the lifespan of 4e, the more likely something is to be missing. Since those came from a late Dragon Magazine article, I suspect they never got implemented.
I see, any tips for programming a new race? I tried making some changes using the editor a long time ago, and found it very difficult to use.
kouen922 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2016, 08:47 PM
Find the nearest thing to it, make a copy, and only edit what you must. Its not going to be easy going with the 4e files though, since they weren't done professionally or with common oversight.

(Or more accurately, it could vary from very easy to very, very hard depending on what the distinction between those dragonborn and the normal ones are).
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote