Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Leonal

Old April 21st, 2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
Will HL ever support level 21+ characters? The core game rules do, so I had presumed that HL would do so, as well.
Pathfinder doesn't have any rules for Epic (21+) levels, so not sure what you mean that the rules support it. Your best bet is to ask Paizo for rules on epic play, and maybe they'll get to it faster.
Leonal is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
chava

Old April 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
I think he is referring to the nine paragraphs in the Core Rulebook entitled "Beyond 20th Level"

But those aren't actual rules, just suggestions that an individual DM can work off of. If I think I'm going to have a game going into 20+ territory, I recommend multiclassing.
chava is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ah, makes sense then. My bad.
Leonal is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
I think he is referring to the nine paragraphs in the Core Rulebook entitled "Beyond 20th Level"

But those aren't actual rules, just suggestions that an individual DM can work off of. If I think I'm going to have a game going into 20+ territory, I recommend multiclassing.
Yes, those are the rules to which I am referring, and they seem pretty straightforward to me. And my issue here is that I have a character who is level 20 in a base class, and has 10 levels in a prestige class, and I can't use HL to make that character, even though there are rules in the core book. You call them suggestions, but they seem pretty straightforward to me.
mastratton is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
I just made a Fighter 20/Assassin 10, and the only thing I notice is that the XP required for a 30 is insanely high. It has the correct number of feats and skills etc.

Is there something else preventing you from creating your character that I'm not noticing?

Last edited by Leonal; April 22nd, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
Leonal is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Spellcasting does not advance past 20th level, I think that is his problem.
Lawful_g is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Dontmindme

Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
To permanently use up arrows once you're sure how many you've fired and how many of those you were able to recover, go to the weapons tab and delete the stack of arrows. Instead of deleting the entire stack, change the "Sell Qty" to however many arrows you've lost.

Point blank shot is too situational to be reflected in the statblock, but Rapid Shot is already on my to-do list.
Thanks for the advice on arrows. After thinking about Point Blank Shot more after posting, I had the thought that this probably belongs in the Conditions tab under Circumstances and Combat Actions with a checkbox and have it check if one has the Feat and if so increment the appropriate ranged weapons, just like Higher Ground, Flanking or other combat conditions. Something to the effect, "Target Within 30 feet"
Dontmindme is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old April 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Spellcasting does not advance past 20th level, I think that is his problem.
Yep, that's the problem I'm having.
mastratton is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Xykal

Old April 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I just tried it several more times. After 4th character level no more copies are being created in the in-play area. Also this causes all of the previous spell level selections to be pushed down by one spot which messes everything up. I have even tried to make new characters and they are having the same problem but it is starting at 2nd level. Only one copy is made in the in-play area.
I'm having this same issue with a Human Inquisitor. The instructions / implementation are a bit confusing, so I'm not sure if it's me or the program.

(edit: Figured it out. Maybe some step by step directions would help...)

Xykal

Last edited by Xykal; April 24th, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Xykal is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old April 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Could you please be more specific than "Several"?
Inspire Courage and Inspire Heroics. I thought Inspire Competence had the issue, but apparently that special was already using +=. It would also be nice if Inspire Greatness's bonuses were set by accessible variables instead of hardcoded into summary text, but that's minor.
unforgivn is offline   #150 Reply With Quote