Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I think we can I just have never tried. My question would be how would you execute that .cmd file?
Executing it would be up to the user, having read how to do it in the release notes. So entirely his choice if he wants to clean it up or not.

The .cmd script would detect files matching expected values for the given files (individually if needed) and delete them if they match in contents and name.
risner is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Also been thinking, we need a wiki or something (maybe a file in the dataset) to document "how to program" for the dataset.

I can set up a wiki on a server if needed. (Easy to use)

Or we could set up a bunch of Specials in a "Help.user" file with no code and simply docs in the desc? (harder to use)

Like general rules:
If the ability is listed in the Special Attack line, make sure to tag attack.
If you need Poison Use (or any number of random other abilities) use the existing one.
If you need Immunity to X, use the combined ones first (unless they contain something you are not granting) then use the individual ones to fill out the needed immunities.
If you are coding to check X, Y, or Z here is how to do it.

In other words, all the corner cases we run into.

including timing when you can apply things, when totals are sum, etc.

Last edited by risner; February 15th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
risner is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Hmm rather like that idea actually. Being that it would not be that huge what if instead we just created .html files that got included in the Import File process. Basically the same way that LW currently gives updates to things like Pathfinder already.

Maybe name them to start with Z or something so they always show at the very bottom of the d20 folder. Or a ~ to have them always show at the top of the d20 folder.

This way if someone is interested they can find the information and it will be correct to the version they are currently using. Where a wiki would always just have the latest info.

We could also use the same idea to put the release notes for each version into one of the .html pages so that it gets included with the release itself. Of course getting better release notes would be really nice here also.

--------------
In other news no one has seen any issues with 1.3 so I will be working with Cheifweasel on Saturday to put it up on his site and change the .xml files so that it will work through the Secondary Update URL.

-------------
Last question is Bluephonix was suppose to have finished the PrC Ultimate Magus. I never got it and emails to him have gotten no replies back. Any chance anyone else has this PrC? Just their was specifically people asking/wanting it and I hate to disappoint them when it is not in 1.3.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Also been thinking, we need a wiki or something (maybe a file in the dataset) to document "how to program" for the dataset.
The good side of a wiki is that the community has been asking LW to provide a better Wiki for how to edit and stuff. We could use the same wiki then to provide that feature also.

Their was also a request for a Script Library and a wiki could give us access to provide that information for both d20 and Pathfinder.

Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 17th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The good side of a wiki is that the community has been asking LW to provide a better Wiki for how to edit and stuff.
Thoughts?
I can build the wiki server next week, I'm heading to CON Nooga in a few hours and I won't be back until Tues.

Once I get it set up, I'll make a bunch of accounts and send you and LG the info.

I think the script lib thing is the best, as we could pick out all the "strange" things in the community set that do unusual things and it would go a long way to detailing how to do most anything.

I also like the html idea, as you are right it would be tied to the release you have.
risner is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
I can build the wiki server next week, I'm heading to CON Nooga in a few hours and I won't be back until Tues.

Once I get it set up, I'll make a bunch of accounts and send you and LG the info.
Awesome! Have fun on your trip and we can start on the wiki then when you get back.

I will try and put together a very basic HTML page for the v1.3 release so that we have something to start with. Just wanted to say I have no graphic arts ability so it's going to be pretty basic looking.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 20th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Ok so 1.3 is out the door and to the community.

So we are going for 1.4. My take is that Lawful_G you have a pretty good head start on this so maybe thinking we should get ready pretty quick to get 1.4 out the door then?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
When do you guys want it?
Lawful_g is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
When do you guys want it?
I'm still working on a fork of v1.2, and I've got to do the following before I merge:

1) Learn the "new" way things are being done as a result of LG's clean up of monsters.
2) Migrate all the random monsters I've done to this way.
3) Migrate the merge specials into v1.4 beta.
4) Finish Wild Shape monsters so people have forms of most things people want all done.
5) Clean up remaining Wild Shape feats that I don't current handle (Frozen, etc)

I'm going to do some of this by starting on LG's skeleton of monsters at Z and work toward him.
risner is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'll have the Ardent, Divine Mind, and an update of the Powers list from Complete Psionics done for 1.4. Would be done now, but Divine Mind handles mantles differently. I expect I will be able to finish this off in a day or two, though.
Sendric is offline   #40 Reply With Quote