Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

chiefweasel

Old August 28th, 2009, 05:17 AM
ok folks, I am going to try to reach out to the user community and see if this idea will work. I would like to offer all the information in 1 book at a time so as to limit the number of files a person would need to download and install. To this end groups of people should work together. So lets try it out.

I am working on the D&D 3.5 Complete Champion book at the moment. I am in the middle of geting the feats to work. If someone else would like to take on the task on putting in the spells and a few others take on the task to start the prestige classes, that would be great.

For the prestige classes the person would need to work in concert with me since I am doing the feats. That way they wouldn't need to enter the feats required for the prestige class. I have the prestige classes in HTML format for easy entry into HL.

To add in the spells, its really mostly data entry. I have a file with all the spells in HTML format so a lot of it is just cut and paste. I can make this file available to anyone who wants it.

So who would like to step up and help out the HL community? When I receive the information from folks, I will coordinate the effort. Thanks.
chiefweasel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 29th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'll do some of the prestige classes.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sounds good. I was hoping to have someone beside yuo, Brodin, and myself do the work though. I would like to try and spread the work around to more interested folks as well. But we can certainly give some of it a shot.
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'm almost done with Fist of the Forest, just having a little bit of trouble coding the Unarmed strike stuff.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Once I get my feet more firmly planted in the use of the software I would gladly donate some time to get busy entering. Right now, I've been away from the program for two years and am VERY rusty! hehe
wtripp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
No problem. Any help is apprciated. I think we are about done with all the prestige classes from Complete Champion. The Domains and feats are basically done as well. I have started on the spells and lawful_g is working to finish up a few things on the classes. Bodrin has started the gear and magic items. so we are still looking at completing this in a month or so. Its slow going and my system has decided to act up with odd error messages.

so if you would like to jump in and help out with the spells or gear/equipment that would be a huge help. Most of that is just data entry (maybe a good place to get back into it). when you are ready let me know and we'll put to on the mailing list along with the others on the team.. thanks.
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Sounds great! I will dive in this afternoon and see if I can't knock some rust off the old noggin. LOL
wtripp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Sounds good. what would you like to start on?

we just want to make sure people arent duplicating effort and doing the same materials.

our long term hope is to have teams working on materials at the same time so we can add all the user created content in a fast and efficient manner. so the more folks the better the process will be. thanks.
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'd be happy to start on the equipment for Complete Champion and see how it goes.
wtripp is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Sounds good. i'll get with Bodrin to see where he is with that. if you want to start at the last one and work forward that might be fine. Thanks.

if you want to shoot me your email address, i'll add you to the email list for the complete champion folks. i can be reached at chiefweasel@cheeseweasel.net.
chiefweasel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote