Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

THX472

Old February 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
1. When a custom stress track is added, I think a new consequence type for that stress track needs to appear in the consequences drop down.

2. Related to above, for skills that add to stress stacks like Will, Physique, etc. at certain levels, they also add an extra consequence of a specific type. I don't see where consequences are being limited to 1 mild, 1 moderate, 1 severe, 1 extreme, and extra typed consequences based on high skills. Seems like I can add as many as possible.

3. As kdama1 mentioned, I'd like to be able to add a Stunt that adds to a character's refresh, for the same reason. I am working on a Dresden user file as well, I am using Stunts for Powers, with a Tag group for Supernatural powers. In addition, some Dresden Files powers have a varying refresh cost, so it would be nice if it could be set to a player entered value. This could be handled with a Permanent Adjustment I guess
THX472 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Steev42

Old February 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I'd still like to customize stress tracks. In my (admittedly limited) experience with Fate, I've used custom tracks many times where the opponent may have, say, 2 2-point boxes, or no 1-point box, or something similar. If this can be done via code, that would be enough for me, though any way of getting a visual cue of how much each box represents would be awesome too.
Steev42 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Xaratherus

Old February 26th, 2014, 01:00 PM
On the Personal tab, the Age field has a bottom limit of 15. I think this should be removed, or at least lowered quite a bit. It's not THAT uncommon to have child NPCs in a game.
Xaratherus is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old February 28th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Hi Lone Wolf,

I was just messing around with the "Additional Aspects" in the "Campaign" tab of the editor. I wanted to set it to 5 and figuring there are 3 to start with so I needed 2 more "Additional Aspects". I was wrong. When I applied it, it said I have 2 to start with and had overspent by 1. I reset it to "5" as needed and applied it and it worked how I wanted (mostly).

So my suggestion is either change the formula to be truly additional by adding it to the base (which is 3), or change the wording to "Aspects" or "Aspect Quantity" or something similar. Additional makes it sound like more than standard (3).

Second, the purpose for this was is I had selected "Fourth History Phase" and "Fifth History Phase" but it did not add the corresponding aspects. Once you add more history phases it should automatically add 1 more "Aspect" for each box checked.

Also (as this is not as big of a deal but seems like it should be doing it), when I select "Fourth History Phase" and "Fifth History Phase" the corresponding "Aspect Line" doesn't appear beside the 2 new added histories. I think it should.

It should also not allow you to add a "Fifth History Phase" unless "Fourth History Phase" is checked first.

Just my $0.02. Thanks for the beta!

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old March 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Help guys,

So I go in to add a new Stress track and add "Social" in the editor, but before I even go apply it to my campaign I created I notice that the 2 regular stress tracks are missing which are Physical and Mental. Soooooo where did they go, and how can I get my new stress track added?

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaratherus View Post
On the Personal tab, the Age field has a bottom limit of 15. I think this should be removed, or at least lowered quite a bit. It's not THAT uncommon to have child NPCs in a game.
Especially as sidekicks. Isn't that right, Boy Wonder?
Aaron is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Manic Modron

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM
When advancing it doesn't seem possible to get a new Stunt that isn't once per scene or session. Custom Stunts in general could use more flexibility. Higher Refresh costs, Fate Point expenditures and so forth.

A FAE version where you can rename the approaches would be welcome. For example, Freeport's FATE setting has the traditional D&D attributes as Skills. Also, I would like to set up a Dark Heresy style game with the WH40K Characteristics as the base.

A campaign page would be very nice, especially if you could make a custom skill list and and custom stress tracks from that page that would affect everybody in the portfolio. Campaign stress tracks would be a nice option too. For instance in the above Dark Heresy game, I've been thinking of a special "Subtlety" track that shows how well (poorly) the group as a whole is keeping their head down.
Manic Modron is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:27 PM
So I see the weight limit is set to 500 lbs. And thought that would be fine.

Then I created a Were-bear and found out that an average Kodiak Brown Bear is 700 lbs. (Who knew). So maybe up the weight quite a bit.

Also, even after putting in the correct refresh cost for stunts, the math isn't adding up. I have a base 6 refresh game going on, and have allowed up to 7 stunts in my campaign to start with (for pure humans). But the problem is after all my stunts are put in, my refresh should go down to 2 and it's at 4. So not sure if the game is giving the first few as freebies with no cost or what is going on but it's not adding up correctly.

Next, I'm sure there's a way to do this that I don't know about, but I add a stunt and everything looks great, except I need a field where I can have a user add text kind of like you have for the "Custom" stunt. But mine works like this...

Stunt (Power) "Inhuman Toughness" refresh cost 2. Requirement need to add "The Catch" (also a stunt the gives you back refresh but creates a loophole to the stunt). I have it set up that I can't take "Inhuman Toughness" without taking "The Catch" which is fine so far.

The character takes "The Catch" which forces them to pick something that bypasses their toughness. A.k.a. Werewolf toughness bypassed if hit with something made of silver. This gives a refresh of 1 or 2 back to the player but you also need a text field to type in what bypasses the toughness so they can type in "silver".

So it should look like the stunt "Custom" Where it says "Custom" and then has a text field next to it to type in the stunt. But mine would say "The Catch" and have a text field next to it to type the catch in (silver).

I tried to copy the Tags based off of "-Custom Stunt-" but the text I get supersedes mine with "Custom" instead of "The Catch". So I know I'm close but just missing something.

Help,

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old March 7th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama1 View Post
Help guys,

So I go in to add a new Stress track and add "Social" in the editor, but before I even go apply it to my campaign I created I notice that the 2 regular stress tracks are missing which are Physical and Mental. Soooooo where did they go, and how can I get my new stress track added?

-kodama1-
Got help from the guys at Lone Wolf.

Here's what to do...

In the editor of your campaign in the "Campaign tab", click on "Bootstraps".

Click "Click to add another bootstrap".

To re add Phystical you need a line that says...
"strPhys" in the text field next to choose.
To add Social you need a line that says...
"strSocial" in the text field next to choose.

You can also add as many new stress tracks you like there including new ones you created.

Thanks Lone Wolf and good luck everyone!

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Viral Platypus

Old March 8th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Added a Stress Track that not every one will have, mainly one for additional stress for casting magic. When doing a printout, it still prints the stress track and a stress box for it, even though the character shouldn't have a stress box in that track.

When I created a campaign with a fourth history phase and 4 additional aspects, I set two tags and got it to display the fourth aspect, but it doesn't have the 'delete' button associated with the aspect. Not really a biggie, but all the other History aspects do have one and that one does not. I tried to find a tag to toggle for that but couldn't find it.

Someone posted how to change the names of the phases, but it didn't seem to actually work. I managed to get the default descriptive text for the phases to change. Does anyone know how to get the actual Phase names changed?

Also, in the advances, when you add in new aspects, if you later want to delete them, you have to go back and delete them in reverse order down the line. Aspects should be individually deletable as play changes them. I use aspects as 'treasure' and so, someone might use up an aspect later. Also, as play progresses the group may get an aspect that goes away when the current storyline finishes.

I'm not sure why stunts are handled like that as well. Most Stunts are independent. I guess, since you can swap them, it's not a problem, but I'm entering characters that have advanced a bit and I sometimes have to backtrack as I experiment.
Viral Platypus is offline   #30 Reply With Quote