Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Alternity (user-created)

Notices

evildmguy

Old February 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I put a new release out there. I finished the data on armor and weapons of all PLs.

The interesting thing was that in doing so, showed me some potential design flaws. I might have to redo some things at some point.

I am pushing the next release back a bit to see if I can get more into it.

edg
evildmguy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tarvios

Old February 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Hello edg and thanks for that very good char generator.

Actually I'm playing a Dark Matter character with a Hero Level of 7.
So I have some questions, if it's allowed I write them down here.

I have not understand the Character Advances.
How does it works exactly? How does the system know that I'm level 7?

Where can I advance my achievements like a better action check score?

We play with teachers for the skills (I don't know if this is official), so some skills are more cheap than others based on how good was the teaching test result (amazing, good or ordinary).
How can I pay less for the skills or is it still overspent?

Thank you
Cheers
Tarvios
Tarvios is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old February 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Tarvios,

Yes, ask them here! Thanks!

At this point in the game, the idea was to be able to track a starting character with default skill costs. So, you could give yourself new skill ranks but would have to make sure the cost of them is what you have earned in xp. I have not implemented the levels of Alternity yet.

Unfortunately, the advancement system is not done. A few things can be advanced, such as skills, but I need to work out the cost for them within the advancement system. And a very good note on the teaching items for it being cheaper. I have to remember that as I work on it.

I think you just set my new priority! I'm hoping to keep working on updates and I will be looking into these for the next one!

Actually, you bring up a good point. Would it be better if you couldn't see tabs for things that you can't do? Or should I leave them all there for what is coming?

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I think it would be nice to leave them there, I like the idea of seeing what you might have planned next. Even if you don't get around to it for the next release. It's kind of like a wish list for us Alternity freaks who love the game. It gives us something to look forward to. Alternity always needed a great program to use. You are making a lot of peoples dreams come true. So keep up the good work and I myself, am looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in the weeks or months to come. That's just my 2 cent on the subject.
Peace out,
JBear

Last edited by jbearwillis; February 10th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tarvios

Old February 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I agree with jbearwillis.
To see what is possible or not, is even better than to ask yourself if you have forgotten something.

Take your time edg. It's better to have a good and easy running system than one with a lot of bugs.

At this moment it's just the achievement with the action check score I can't see, but that's barely a problem.

Another question.
I'm missing some weapons (e.g. the .50 cal pistol). Are the weapons from different source books or do you fill in the gear just when you have time?

Do you need some help?

Cheers
Tarvios
Tarvios is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
evildmguy

Old February 11th, 2013, 02:22 PM
@Tarvios: I have not yet entered data from Dark*Matter or Star*Drive. I still only have the PH data. However, here is the .50 cal gun. Just put the attached file in the Alternity drive and next time you start it up, you can buy it.

Already done a lot today!

edg
Attached Files
File Type: email DarkMatter.user (1.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by evildmguy; February 12th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
evildmguy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tarvios

Old February 12th, 2013, 07:51 AM
No offense, take your time... but thanks a lot
Tarvios is offline   #7 Reply With Quote