Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Quintain

Old February 27th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Ok, how would I use this syntax to create a category for a series of abilities that did not already exist (the category).

Then I want to add the witch's hex category and combine them.

Basically, add all Witch Hexs and re-categorize them as Maledictions, but there is no pre-existing malediction category.

Or otherwise make witches hexes available to the malefactor as maledictions using the least amount of effort code-wise.
Quintain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old February 27th, 2018, 08:41 PM
The easiest way to do that doesn't even need *Extend thing. Just setup your maledictions as a custom ability in your class as normal, and then select "witch" (the one with the tag id of "AllowCust.cHelpWit") using the "Allow Custom Abilities..." button.

If you've never setup custom abilities before, just hit the button that says "Custom Ability Count", and for each level you'd gain a malediction, put the number that corresponds to the total number of maledictions you should have at that level. Remember that "row 0" is level 1, so all the row numbers are one lower than the level they correspond to. So, if you gain 1 at every even level, row 1 should say "1", row 3 should say "2", etc. Then, type "Malediction" where it says "Custom Ability Name" and "Maledictions" where it says "Custom Ability Plural".

Voila!
Redcap's Corner is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old February 28th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately, there is an official TPK Malefactor product -- and I don't think I can modify that, so I'm relegated to 1) building a whole new one, or 2) expanding what was already built -- since I don't think TPK is going to re-release the Malefactor.
Quintain is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Unfortunately, there is an official TPK Malefactor product -- and I don't think I can modify that, so I'm relegated to 1) building a whole new one, or 2) expanding what was already built -- since I don't think TPK is going to re-release the Malefactor.
If this comes in a .user file and they never plan to update it. Why can't you modify it? Even if its sold by LW you can use Replace Thing ID to replace the stuff that does not work especially if they never plan to fix it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Redcap's Corner

Old March 1st, 2018, 11:05 AM
Well, you should be able to accomplish the same thing through *Extend. Just create a new "*Extend", then hit the "find thing" button and select the malefactor. Then put "AllowCust" in the next box and "cHelpWit" in the final one. *Extend is just adding a tag to an existing thing, and I'm pretty sure all you need to do is add the AllowCust.cHelpWit tag to the class to achieve what you want to do. It's likely several options will come up for "malefactor", but you want the one with an id that starts with "cHelp" (if I'm not mistaken). Mind you, I'm not at a computer with Hero Lab currently, so I apologize if my memory for the details is failing me here. Good luck!
Redcap's Corner is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 1st, 2018, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcap's Corner View Post
Well, you should be able to accomplish the same thing through *Extend. Just create a new "*Extend", then hit the "find thing" button and select the malefactor. Then put "AllowCust" in the next box and "cHelpWit" in the final one. *Extend is just adding a tag to an existing thing, and I'm pretty sure all you need to do is add the AllowCust.cHelpWit tag to the class to achieve what you want to do. It's likely several options will come up for "malefactor", but you want the one with an id that starts with "cHelp" (if I'm not mistaken). Mind you, I'm not at a computer with Hero Lab currently, so I apologize if my memory for the details is failing me here. Good luck!
I think you mean "SpecSource.cHelpWit" not AllowCust which is used for Configurables. In addition to 100% compatible you need to add the abCategory.WitHex as different scripts use abCategory not the SpecSource tag group.

If you add a level of Witch and look at the Witch's class helper it will show you the custom expression its using. Look in debug for the field cCstSpExpr for the Witch Hexes and cCstS2Expr for the Witch Patrons. That is what HL is expecting.

I am really not sure what else to say about Extend. It adds Tags to Things. That is ALL it does.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 1st, 2018, 11:40 AM
Hey Quintain, I've done a bit of work on updating the Malefactor, would you like to take a look?

Last edited by ErinRigh; March 1st, 2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
ErinRigh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old March 1st, 2018, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If this comes in a .user file and they never plan to update it. Why can't you modify it? Even if its sold by LW you can use Replace Thing ID to replace the stuff that does not work especially if they never plan to fix it.
Well, I don't know if they plan on updating it.. but I'm just assuming, and I'm also unsure on where IP rights come in for this product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Hey Quintain, I've done a bit of work on updating the Malefactor, would you like to take a look?
Sure. Did you start with your own file or did you modify the original?
Quintain is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 1st, 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Well, I don't know if they plan on updating it.. but I'm just assuming, and I'm also unsure on where IP rights come in for this product.
Unless you are planning to resell it you have nothing to worry about.

You could even fix it all up and give it back to the company so they could share the fixed product with everyone.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 1st, 2018, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Sure. Did you start with your own file or did you modify the original?
My own I didn't know there was an original untill I was most of theway through some stuff still isn't working and the code is ugly but here it is, maybe you can lend a hand
Attached Files
File Type: email TPK - Malefactor.user (90.3 KB, 5 views)
ErinRigh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote