Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Trei Shouri

Old September 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hello all.

I just purchased Hero Labs today, and all in all I am very happy with my choice. It's a great program.

However, as I am still learning how to use it, I was wondering if anyone on the forums could explain the best thing to do in the following situation:

I am trying to upload my current PFRPG characters from pen and paper character sheets to Hero Lab, and I ran across a problem with my Alchemist. Because he has "Throw Anything," he learned that he could use a magic artifact (indestructable, tuned to him / his allies and so "returning") as a pretty reliable weapon (1d6 bludgeoning, better than spending actions reloading on a crossbow). However, when I go to list this in Hero Lab, I can't figure out how to make this show up as a reliable weapon option.

If I use something with similar stats (i.e. Throwing Axe), the program treats it as a weapon and not a "throw anything" item, and I lose all my bonuses. If I create a custom item, I can't figure out how to put damage and the like in to the equation. So, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to solve this problem?

EDIT:
Also, could anyone tell me how I get the "weapons" window to show ranged attack values instead of melee attack values?

Last edited by Trei Shouri; September 18th, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
Trei Shouri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Which weapon are you counting this as, in terms of improvised weapons? (I'm guessing Club, since that's a 1d6 bludgeoning weapon that can be thrown). So, just add a club to your character. The Critical is already 20/x2 and the range increment is already 10', so none of that needs to change.

Proper handling of improvised weapons is on my to-do list, but I'm afraid I haven't had the time to implement it yet.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Trei Shouri

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:55 AM
Alright, cool. Thanks for the response.
Trei Shouri is offline   #3 Reply With Quote