Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Version 4.6 of the Pathfinder files is now available from the automatic updates mechanism.

The big news is the release of the Player's Companion Material. The following packages are now available for purchase:

Adventurer's Armory: ($4.99)

Regions 1: Osirion, Land of the Pharaohs; Taldor, Echoes of Glory; and Qadira, Gateway to the East. ($4.99)

Regions 2: Cheliax, Empire of Devils; Andoran, Spirit of Liberty; and Sargava, the Lost Colony. ($4.99)

Races 1: Elves of Golarion, Dwarves of Golarion, and Gnomes of Golarion. ($4.99)

The Races 2 package: Orcs of Golarion (along with Humans of Golarion and Halflings of Golarion when those are released) was delayed slightly, and should be available early next month. It will also be $4.99.

We're also offering all those packages as a bundle - all 5 for $19.99. (If you purchase this now, you'll get the books in the Races 2 package as free updates as they become available).

This update also includes the normal sort of content updates. I'm back up to date on Adventure Path material - Pathfinder #35, #36, and #37 and the Serpent's Skull Player's Guide.

From the APG, the Hero Point rules have been added (if you have the APG package, note that the Hero Point rules are not enabled by default, you'll need to check them within the Hero Settings).

This update also includes the usual bug fixes.

Here's the change list, copied from the FAQ:
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added content from Pathfinder 35, 36, 37, and the Serpent's Skull Player's Guide.
  • Added a new "Dropped to Ground" location that's automatically added to the hero. Transferring items into this container indicates that you've dropped them on the ground.
  • Added print statblock output on the "Output Active Hero Summary" form.
  • Added the Hero Point rules from the APG.
Bug Fixes
  • The description text for weapons has been updated to the Pathfinder rules.
  • The SR for the Half-Fiend and Half-Celestial templates was being calculated as 10 + CR, rather than 11 + CR.
  • The Oracle's Mystery of Flame's Touch of Flame power was not incorporating the CHA modifier into the number of uses/day.
  • The Morale bonuses to attributes added by the Barbarian Rage were not stacking properly with other morale bonuses to those attributes.
  • The display of unarmed strikes in the statblock is now controlled by the "Hide Unarmed (in weapons)" option in the Output Options section that controls whether the unarmed strike is displayed on the printed character sheet.
  • The text displayed in the selector for the Half-Elven Rogue's favored class option was incorrect.
  • The Mephit's summon abilities now corretly list 1 use/day.
  • The Water Mephit's Stinking Cloud ability's usage was corrected from 1/hour to 1/day.
  • The Tyrannosaurus animal companion had an incorrect AC bonus at 7th level.
  • The Cheetah and Leopard animal companions did not have the trip ability.
  • The Docile ability was not working correctly for an animal companion horse.
  • The Pioneer trait from the Kingmaker adventure path was not offering Ride among its skills to choose from.
  • The default HP for a ghoul were incorrect.
  • Vegepygmies did not have darkvision.
  • The Half-Elves' Ancentral Arms alternate racial trait was not functioning.
  • Mutagens affecting CON were not always applying their CHA penalty.
  • The Swashbuckler Rogue archetype's martial training ability was not functioning.
  • The Urban Ranger archetype was not altering the Ranger class' class skills.
  • The Duelist's Improved Reaction ability was adding more initiative bonus than it should.
  • The spaces for the weight and cost of a custom item were not being displayed.
  • The default stacking behavior for many tools was incorrect, now that they can specify the skill they are used for.
  • Celestial Armor is considered light armor for proficiency purposes as well as movement purposes.
  • Setting gear as a Tool for a specific skill was not functioning correctly in the editor.
  • If an archetype altered the number of spells/day that a memorized spellcaster receives, the change was not also applied to the number of spells to be memorized.
Data File Authoring
  • Armor now has the option to set itself as extremely slowing, reducing a character's speed by ~1/2, as opposed to the normal ~1/3.
I also added this note to the FAQ, for the Hero Point rules:

I want this NPC/familiar/animal companion to have hero points. How do I do that?
(First make sure that you have the "Advanced Player's Guide Hero Points" option checked within the Hero Settings). The first option is to select the Hero's Fortune feat - this will give the character 1 hero point, with a maximum of 3. If the hero points are from a spell or magic item, add the "Hero Points, Temporary" adjustment on the adjust tab. The other alternative is to go to the Adjust tab, and add the "Hero Points, Maximum" adjustment - adding a positive value with this will reveal the Hero Points ability. (Note that using the Hero Points, Maximum adjustment to set a character's maximum hero points to 0 or lower will hide the hero points).

Last edited by Mathias; September 18th, 2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added the change list
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 18th, 2010, 10:01 AM
When you add APs, do you add the Bestiary from them?
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I'm afraid the only AP monsters that are being added at this point are those useful to a player - those that can be used as a familiar, or an animal companion, or those that have a specific section for using them as a playable race. I want to get the rest added, but have not had the time to do so.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid the only AP monsters that are being added at this point are those useful to a player - those that can be used as a familiar, or an animal companion, or those that have a specific section for using them as a playable race. I want to get the rest added, but have not had the time to do so.

That is good to know. Adding them would be useful to us GMs.
Dragnmoon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
elfshadow

Old September 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
  • Added the Hero Point rules from the APG.
Excellent! Great to see this! Thanks!
elfshadow is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
  • Added print statblock output on the "Output Active Hero Summary" form.
I am glad to see you added this, especially since I think I was the only one asking for it

Now to work on the formatting on it to make it look prettier *More like what the HTML version looks like*

I know I have been hard on you guys in the forums recently, but I am glad to see that you guys fix bugs reported so quickly and you are so willing to take user feedback to work on your program. Looking forward to you guys adding the many others things I know you are working on based on all our feedback.
Dragnmoon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jagyr Ebonwood

Old September 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Just updated the Pathfinder files to version 4.6 through HL's auto-updater, and the program threw an error when it tried to load/compile the data set. "Cannot create core run-time file: c:\...\pathfinder\core.hlz"

Any ideas?
Jagyr Ebonwood is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 02:07 PM
You're probably running Windows 7, and installed Hero Lab under the program files directory.

Here's the fix:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....5&postcount=15

(Note that it's talking about ArmyBuilder, but both ArmyBuilder and Hero Lab have the same framework, so the same problem can come up in both programs).

Here's the whole thread that post's in, in case you want to see it in context, or see other notes about the problem:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9340
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Jagyr Ebonwood

Old September 20th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
You're probably running Windows 7, and installed Hero Lab under the program files directory.
Nope, Vista. But it is in the program files directory. And changing the settings to run as an administrator fixed the problem - thanks!

I thought I had my system set up to run everything as an admin, but I guess I was wrong.
Jagyr Ebonwood is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Oddly enough, Windows means different things when they say refer to a user account as having administrator status and "run as Administrator" on a program.
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote